Sign in to follow this  
Len69Coupe

A Pillar Molding Fit

Hi, recently picked up Coupe that was missing some interior pieces. I picked up some A Pillar Moldings today from a junkyard and for the life of me can't get them to fit my car. Do they go above the dash pad or under the dash pad? The car I got them from was missing the dash pad, so I'm not sure. It's almost as if the dash pad is swollen and won't the L at the bottom slide deep enough into the dash.

Thanks in advance!

I think they go under the dash pad. Put them on first and then the dash pad. Did the trim you got from the junkyard come from a 69 coupe? Fastback parts are different. You still have junkyards in your area with 69 Mustangs in them??

Edited by SlimeGold 69

I think they go under the dash pad. Put them on first and then the dash pad. Did the ones you got from the junkyard come from a 69 coupe? Fastback parts are different. You still have junkyards in your area with 69 Mustangs in them??

OK, I will try it under the dash pad.

Yea, they're from a coupe, I watched the guy pull the moldings and headliner bows from the junker. He also pulled some radio trim from a almost complete 70 Sportsroof. He is about 3 hours from here in Fountain, Fl and he has numerous Mustangs, Torinos and Galaxies on his property. He also has 3 semi trailers loaded with parts. He's not the most organized dude, but he had almost everything I needed. I can give you his email if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by LFugate
Spelling

OK, I will try it under the dash pad.

Yea, they're from a coupe, I watched the guy pull the moldings and headliner bows from the junker. He also pulled some radio trim from a almost complete 70 Sportsroof. He is about 3 hours from here in Fountain, Fl and he has numerous Mustangs, Torinos and Galaxies on his property. He also has 3 semi trailers loaded with parts. He's not the most organized dude, but he had almost everything I needed. I can give you his email if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the help guys.

I just drove through Fountain last Thursday. Where is he located in Fountain? I would love to get his contact info.

I just drove through Fountain last Thursday. Where is he located in Fountain? I would love to get his contact info.

He is off of Silverlake Rd. His email is FIEL47 at aol.com. He isn't really a drive up junkyard and prefers to mail out the parts, but he will schedule a time if you need a large or heavy part. I needed a window and he had no problem me stopping by for that.