Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

Sorry, I just had to:

This guy must have been :bored:, but he may have been :wacko:, or he he's just a closet :detective:, ya got to see what kinda :shit: this:chef: cooked up.:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-XB-Falcon-1973-Australian-Falcon-XB-Mad-Max-Replica-INTERCEPTOR_W0QQitemZ300323817094QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item45ecb1c686&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308

? what does MFP stand for?

I agree, in the "The Road Warrior". The second of three Mad Max films

The police car above is from the first movie (Mad Max) where Mel's character is a cop and his family is stalked and killed by a gang driving him to take the black "interceptor" (the last of the big V8s) and exact revenge. Not tryimg to be a butt here, just think you might be confused. The black interceptor car is usually more associated with the second movie where he's driving through the outback searching for gas.

MFP probably = something along the lines of Melbourne F????????? Police.

Edited by RacerX

Yeah the Yellow "Interceptors" are from the first movie only, the black car which is in the first and second film and the most famous is actually what they call a "Pursuit Special". What is odd though is the Interceptors are actually 74 XB's and the black car was a 73'. This Interceptor was made from a 73' and would have been a better candidate to make into V1 or V2 "PS".

So was the yellow interceptor the one with the on-demand blower, or was that the black one in Road Warrior? Sorry, but I grew up thinking that the on-demand blower was about the coolest thing a car could ever have (ignoring the physics issues, of course - I was 17).

the black interceptor had the on demand blower, but the yellow interceptor is still a very cool car.

So what I found on ebay is really some kinda gold, under all that glitz????

in my opinion: yes

the yellow cars were basically like the black and white police cruisers here and the black interceptors were more like the special service mustangs. :biggrin:

Trivia Time; there was another v8 interceptor in the Road Warrior besides Max's car too BTW. anyone know which car i'm talking about?

Yeah the Yellow "Interceptors" are from the first movie only, the black car which is in the first and second film and the most famous is actually what they call a "Pursuit Special". What is odd though is the Interceptors are actually 74 XB's and the black car was a 73'. This Interceptor was made from a 73' and would have been a better candidate to make into V1 or V2 "PS".

actually Pak, in the first movie there were 2 yellow interceptors and one yellow Pursuit Special (Max's car at the beginning) and then the black Interceptor (Max's 2nd car in the 1st movie) there were actually 2 versions of the black interceptor, the one in the first movie where it's all pristine and pretty and the one in the 2nd movie where was all oxidized and dirty and it had the back window and trunk lid removed for the 2 giant fuel tanks fitted.

actually Pak, in the first movie there were 2 yellow interceptors and one yellow Pursuit Special (Max's car at the beginning) and then the black Interceptor (Max's 2nd car in the 1st movie) there were actually 2 versions of the black interceptor, the one in the first movie where it's all pristine and pretty and the one in the 2nd movie where was all oxidized and dirty and it had the back window and trunk lid removed for the 2 giant fuel tanks fitted.

Even though most folks tend to believe it for some reason, the black car was never reffered to as an interceptor, watch the movie again. In the second movie it also has a different blower and different side pipes.