Sign in to follow this  
jkskinsfan

Question about Maryland Historic Tags

I just got Md. Historic Tags for my Mustang. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed that I only had a Sticker for the Expiration Year and none for the Month. I couldn't get in touch with MVA by phone to ask about it because as usual the lines were all busy, and before going all the way back to the MVA I was wondering if anyone with Md. Historic Tags could give me an answer. Thanks.

I went back to the MVA and rather than wait in the huge line that was there, I went up to one of the windows and just asked the clerk if I needed a June sticker for my Tags. She said "Didn't you get one?" and when I said "No" she just reached into a drawer, pulled one out and handed it to me, so I guess I did need one. Here in Maryland Historic Tags are only good for two years ($51.00) and they expire on the last day of the month in which they were issued. In my case the expiration date is June 30, 2011.

That sucks, They make you pay to register an antique plate every two years. In Pa. You pay a one time fee, and you own the plate. The only fee you pay on the Antique tag in Pa. is when you transfer it to another vehicle. Does that tag come with driving restrictions? Can't be used as daily driver ect.

That sucks, They make you pay to register an antique plate every two years. In Pa. You pay a one time fee, and you own the plate. The only fee you pay on the Antique tag in Pa. is when you transfer it to another vehicle. Does that tag come with driving restrictions? Can't be used as daily driver ect.

In Maryland the car must be at least 60 years old to qualify for a one-time Fee and can't have been substantially altered or remodeled. With Historic Tags here in Md. there are restrictions. The car is only supposed to be used in Exhibitions, Club Activities, Parades, Tours, Occasional Transportation and similar uses and it's not supposed to be used for General Daily Transportation or primarily for the Transportation of Passengers, but no one really checks up on you so what does all of that really mean?

no one really checks up on you so what does all of that really mean?

If they don't know your starting mileage at tag issue than not much at all, otherwise there could eventually be some splaining to do. If it was tied into a restricted insurance policy than it would be an issue if you got into an accident using it in something other than the stipulations or were putting excessive mileage on it.