Sign in to follow this  
ccobra70

heidts front sus. with 351w

Has anyone ever put a heidts front susp. in a 69/70 stang with a 351w motor Im having clearance problems with the oil pan and the rack pinion, just wondering if you guys ever dealt with this or know anyone who has

thanks colby

sorry guys i guess i wasnt to technical in my explanation, I know it uses a rear sump oil pan but when you do that you that there is still a smaller hump in the front for the pump to set in there, so you cant get a true rear sump only pan. I really need someone that has done this same setup to know what they did to fix the prob. by the way I contacted heidts and they said to put a dry sump oiling system on it , but im not doing that !

thanks guys for the imput colby

I don't know if this helps but when I was thinking about doing this I called the rod & custom motorsports shop. They are the only one that had a conversion that would work with a Cleveland. They sell several pans for a 351W too. One is a Canton pan. You might want to look there.

http://www.rcmotorsports.net/5895_rod___custom.pdf

Roy

roy thanks but,,, I called this guy and he busted out laughing, he used to be a heidts dealer then started making his own stuff which his may be better but, not what i have (yea of course I would have not gone this route if i would have known) but after he was done bashing them he said he had no answers to help me or he would have ,so Im back to the drawing board!!

i have one more tech question why is it this is the only forum i have visited that i have to view the fist post last , like you have to look at the post backwards, starting at the bottom up , maybe its just me am i the only one