Sign in to follow this  
POJ_69

Mach 1 high back seats

Greetings guys,

I have been offered a set of Mach 1 seats, but the release lever on the back of the seat is at the bottom of the seat-back, not half way up. All Mach 1 interiors I have seen pictures of have the release leaver half way up the seat-back. Was there an earlier version with the lever lower down, or are these seats from a different car? They sre supposedly from a 69 Mach 1.

Sounds like these seats are from a 70-73 mustang. The high back became stock seats and the handle location was moved from the side of the seat with a tear drop lever, to the lower outer edge with and L shaped handle. Seats will mount in the car in the same and 69 seat covers should fit it since the makers don't cut any holes.

If you are saying the seat release lever was dropped down from the upper part of the seat to the lower portion of the seat on the side.....you have 1970 Mach 1 seats. They should look like the 69 seats but the release lever is near the bottom of the seat on the side near the door. That is how my 70 Mach 1 is setup.

JAG

POJ 69......71-73 seats had the seat release lever in the middle of the back of the seat, at the bottom. My 70 Mach 1 has the release at the bottom of the left hand side of the seat. 71 -73 bucket seats also mount to the floor with bolts inside the car where 69 and 70 bolt thru the floor. If you post a picture it can be cleared up in a second.

JAG