Sign in to follow this  
369coupes

aftermarket radio

i have a old junk jvc radio in my car in the original spot it has to go , i also have a detachable face cd player that i want to put in my car it obviouly wont fit in the factory spot heck , i dont even think it fit between the the plastic trim on each side of the factory spot so my question is

where do/did you guys put your aftermarket radios? i thought of the glove box then i opened mine and i dont think that will work so hot

i dont have a console just for info purposes

i have a old junk jvc radio in my car in the original spot it has to go , i also have a detachable face cd player that i want to put in my car it obviouly wont fit in the factory spot heck , i dont even think it fit between the the plastic trim on each side of the factory spot so my question is

where do/did you guys put your aftermarket radios? i thought of the glove box then i opened mine and i dont think that will work so hot

So I also have the plastic bezel, I cut mine up and made the aftermarket CD player fit. I then bought a new walnut decal from NPD and that really cleaned it up. My secret was to push the radio into the bezel from the back, that prevented a lot of stress on the plastic bezel. I then drilled 3 holes through the sides of the bezel and through the sides of the radio. Then put 3 small screws to hold it in place.

Reason for this is that I didn't use the aftermarket radio cage that you would normally use to get it mounted. That's how I got it to fit the stock bezel with some cutting.

They also sell aftermarket bezels that already have the opening there...they go from $100-$300.

So I also have the plastic bezel, I cut mine up and made the aftermarket CD player fit. I then bought a new walnut decal from NPD and that really cleaned it up. My secret was to push the radio into the bezel from the back, that prevented a lot of stress on the plastic bezel. I then drilled 3 holes through the sides of the bezel and through the sides of the radio. Then put 3 small screws to hold it in place.

Reason for this is that I didn't use the aftermarket radio cage that you would normally use to get it mounted. That's how I got it to fit the stock bezel with some cutting.

They also sell aftermarket bezels that already have the opening there...they go from $100-$300.

I picked up some kitty hair fiberglass bondo and added a little meat to the old broken plastic bezel.. It worked well.. I just cut the bezel to fit, put in the cage wrapped with aluminum foil so the bondo didnt stick and manufactured it by hand.. Then shaved it down with the dremmel tool and wrapped it in Vynil..