Sign in to follow this  
Greenbay stang

Window adjustment

I started adjusting my windows today on my fastback and ran into a couple of things. Is there a way to adjust the window to move the whole thing toward the front of the door? Is the chrome strip at the back of the window suppose to overlap the rear 1/4 window or just the weather strip suppose to touch the rear 1/4?

I started adjusting my windows today on my fastback and ran into a couple of things. Is there a way to adjust the window to move the whole thing toward the front of the door? Is the chrome strip at the back of the window suppose to overlap the rear 1/4 window or just the weather strip suppose to touch the rear 1/4?

Just the weatherstrip should overlap. I think the front/back position of the glass is largely dependent upon the glue-in. Can you move the rear window back any instead the front? I know the windows can be moved inboard/outboard by loosening the 2 bolts on the underside of the door and moving the track rods in or out but I don't believe there's any adjustment in the front & back direction.

Edited by 69RavenConv

Just the weatherstrip should overlap. I think the front/back position of the glass is largely dependent upon the glue-in. Can you move the rear window back any instead the front? I know the windows can be moved inboard/outboard by loosening the 2 bolts on the underside of the door and moving the track rods in or out but I don't believe there's any adjustment in the front & back direction.

Edited by 69RavenConv

Yes, you can adjust the bolt in or glue in windows in our 69's inboard, outboard, front to back and there are window stop adjustments at the front and back. I'm looking for a picture or the manual so i can post it.

Yes, you can adjust the bolt in or glue in windows in our 69's inboard, outboard, front to back and there are window stop adjustments at the front and back. I'm looking for a picture or the manual so i can post it.

Here are the instructions for window adjustment from the manual. I'm still looking for pics but hope this helps. Mike

Tumblehome adjustment (in-out tilt)

Loosen the screws at the bottom of the front and rear runs. Tilt the top of the glass in or out until the window, when raised, will seat squarely in the groove of the roof rail weatherstrip. Tighten the set screws.

Upper Stop Adjustment (Partial)

Loosen the two bolts retaining the upper rear stop to the rear side of the door. Then, with the window in the full down position and using a 7/16 inch socket on an extension, loosen the top bolt on the upper front stop. Slide the upper front stop up or down its ramped mounting bracket to adjust the window travel. If sufficient travel is still not obtained, the trim panel must be removed and a complete upper stop adjustment performed. If the procedures above do not give a satisfactory window adjustment, remove the door trim panel and perform the following adjustments:

Upper Stop Adjustment (complete)

Loosen the two bolts retaining the upper rear stop to the rear side of the door. Loosen the two bolts retaining the upper front stop and move the stop up or down to obtain the proper window travel.

Fore and Aft Adjustment

Loosen the regulator front arm retaining nut. Then, move the glass forward or rearward as required and tighten the nut.

Equalizer Adjustment (Fore and Aft Tilt)

Loosen the equalizer retaining nut at the regulator lower arm. Move the equalizer up or down to adjust the fore and aft tilt of the glass. Moving the equalizer up will move the front edge of the glass down and the rear edge of the glass up. Moving the equalizer down will raise the front edge of the glass and lower the rear edge.

Here are the instructions for window adjustment from the manual. I'm still looking for pics but hope this helps. Mike

Tumblehome adjustment (in-out tilt)

Loosen the screws at the bottom of the front and rear runs. Tilt the top of the glass in or out until the window, when raised, will seat squarely in the groove of the roof rail weatherstrip. Tighten the set screws.

Upper Stop Adjustment (Partial)

Loosen the two bolts retaining the upper rear stop to the rear side of the door. Then, with the window in the full down position and using a 7/16 inch socket on an extension, loosen the top bolt on the upper front stop. Slide the upper front stop up or down its ramped mounting bracket to adjust the window travel. If sufficient travel is still not obtained, the trim panel must be removed and a complete upper stop adjustment performed. If the procedures above do not give a satisfactory window adjustment, remove the door trim panel and perform the following adjustments:

Upper Stop Adjustment (complete)

Loosen the two bolts retaining the upper rear stop to the rear side of the door. Loosen the two bolts retaining the upper front stop and move the stop up or down to obtain the proper window travel.

Fore and Aft Adjustment

Loosen the regulator front arm retaining nut. Then, move the glass forward or rearward as required and tighten the nut.

Equalizer Adjustment (Fore and Aft Tilt)

Loosen the equalizer retaining nut at the regulator lower arm. Move the equalizer up or down to adjust the fore and aft tilt of the glass. Moving the equalizer up will move the front edge of the glass down and the rear edge of the glass up. Moving the equalizer down will raise the front edge of the glass and lower the rear edge.