Sign in to follow this  
Boogerschnot

Carb Replacement

Im stuck on which carb to get.. I care a little about the price, but not much.. Either an Edelbrock Performer 600cfm or a Holley Street Avenger 670cfm.. I dont know what it takes to install the edelbrock being that it doesnt have the kickdown already like holley does. What all do I need to get either or both of these matched up on my car.. 351w with probably a performer intake.. It already has a performer plus cam and hooker headers. I just want to open up the top end, and my 2bbl finaly shit the bed..

Im stuck on which carb to get.. I care a little about the price, but not much.. Either an Edelbrock Performer 600cfm or a Holley Street Avenger 670cfm.. I dont know what it takes to install the edelbrock being that it doesnt have the kickdown already like holley does. What all do I need to get either or both of these matched up on my car.. 351w with probably a performer intake.. It already has a performer plus cam and hooker headers. I just want to open up the top end, and my 2bbl finaly shit the bed..

Both would be a good choice, both will fit fine and any parts store will have the few parts you may need to hook it up on hand. most people including myself agree the Holley will out perform the Edelbrock ,but it's hard to beat the Edelbrock for being a simple no hassle carb that works great.

I think it boils down to personal preference.

Both would be a good choice, both will fit fine and any parts store will have the few parts you may need to hook it up on hand. most people including myself agree the Holley will out perform the Edelbrock ,but it's hard to beat the Edelbrock for being a simple no hassle carb that works great.

I think it boils down to personal preference.

I have the 670 street avenger and performer intake on my 302. It has been flawless so far. Easy to adjust the secondaries and switch out jets if need be. I have a mild cam and headers.

I have the 670 street avenger and performer intake on my 302. It has been flawless so far. Easy to adjust the secondaries and switch out jets if need be. I have a mild cam and headers.

The only thing I can say about the 670 is from what I've heard, and I don't know this is a fact, the 670 Holley only flows at a 550 rate, the 770 flows at 750.

Take it for what it's worth, but the piston heads on the FE forum accept it as fact. I run the 770 on my 390 FE and it preforms great but if you are worried you might see what Holley says.

The only thing I can say about the 670 is from what I've heard, and I don't know this is a fact, the 670 Holley only flows at a 550 rate, the 770 flows at 750.

Take it for what it's worth, but the piston heads on the FE forum accept it as fact. I run the 770 on my 390 FE and it preforms great but if you are worried you might see what Holley says.