Sign in to follow this  
95venom

Power assist valve please help

I need a picture of the p/s lines going to/from the power assist valve!! This valve is new and the gear box is new, EVERYTHING is new and it drives like crap!! memory steer and it does NOT return to center! thinking that maybe lines are wrong?? lol

has alignment. Flaming river gearbox installed TODAY.

thought it would fix it... So Its this one last thing before I take it to a place in Mustang, OK to try to get them to figure it out but I hate to leave the car anywhere!

thanks guys and please pics or diagram asap.

-Matt

I need a picture of the p/s lines going to/from the power assist valve!! This valve is new and the gear box is new, EVERYTHING is new and it drives like crap!! memory steer and it does NOT return to center! thinking that maybe lines are wrong?? lol

thought it would fix it... So Its this one last thing before I take it to a place in Mustang, OK to try to get them to figure it out but I hate to leave the car anywhere!

-Matt

lol.... off topic ...ok time for a story.... i rebuilt my PS valve ... took photos before i did to make sure i replaced the hoses correctly. everything went great ... took my time.. went back together perfect .. no extra parts.. :tongue_smilie: ..had the car on stands... got the wife to see how easy it was to turn the wheel lock to lock.... shut the motor off... took it off jackstands ... fired it up ... and almost lost an arm.... steering wheel turning lock to lock by itself as fast as it could.... shut it down... changed my pants ... developed the photos ... couldnt tell they were blury.. found one of my mustang buddies .. and he laughed for a few minutes... then said... reverse the hoses back.

i did .. and it drove great.. thought you would enjoy a laugh.:huh:

-Matt

lol.... off topic ...ok time for a story.... i rebuilt my PS valve ... took photos before i did to make sure i replaced the hoses correctly. everything went great ... took my time.. went back together perfect .. no extra parts.. :tongue_smilie: ..had the car on stands... got the wife to see how easy it was to turn the wheel lock to lock.... shut the motor off... took it off jackstands ... fired it up ... and almost lost an arm.... steering wheel turning lock to lock by itself as fast as it could.... shut it down... changed my pants ... developed the photos ... couldnt tell they were blury.. found one of my mustang buddies .. and he laughed for a few minutes... then said... reverse the hoses back.

-Matt

LOL yeah I figured it would do that if they were backwards but just wondering! lol I dont have a clue why but this car is all over the road. freshly aligned.friend thinks its the tires but they are only 245/45/17 fronts an 275/40/17 rear.

anyway this mustang alignment place is supposed to be good and they should figure it out for me.

LOL yeah I figured it would do that if they were backwards but just wondering! lol I dont have a clue why but this car is all over the road. freshly aligned.friend thinks its the tires but they are only 245/45/17 fronts an 275/40/17 rear.

anyway this mustang alignment place is supposed to be good and they should figure it out for me.

Did you get your steering figured out? I've just replaced all the suspension and steering components on my car and it still wanders a little. Like your friend, I'm wondering if it could be the tires? Did a different alignment help? Thanks for your help.

I have tried everything on mine and is still wanders a little. I think it may be the tires also. I have 275/40/17s on the front and I wonder if they are just too wide for this old style suspension? Anyone else running wide tires on the front and a good handling car?