Sign in to follow this  
wantahertzdonut

Anyone Want To Trade A 69/70 Vert For A Mach 1?

I have my 1970 Mach 1 up for sale as I'm leaning toward getting something newer, or something with an open roof. Plus I'd like to do some mods that I'd prefer not to do to an original Mach.

My car: 1970, 351W (bored to 355) with Edelbrock 4bbl carb/intake. Engine rebuilt with about 6000 miles, forged internals, 10:1 compression. I figure it's good for about 275hp, it doesn't have a super wild cam. FMX auto, new interior 4 years ago. Has a Grant steering wheel but came with an rim-blow wheel that goes with the car. That needs to be rebuilt.

Red/black with black interior. Fold down rear seat. Everything inside is new except the sail panels and the carpet on the back of the rear seat. Paint is driver quality, has some chips, but the hood was repainted beautifully 4 years ago with stripes under the clear coat.

I replaced the 3.00 open with a 3.25 open and upgraded to 31 spline Superior axles. I have a 3.50 posi that needs rebuilt that goes with the car.

I started building the car for autocross and replaced the front and rear suspension. The front has Global West tubular upper and lower control arms, 1.75" UCA drop, Mustangs Plus 620lb springs (1" drop), Opentracker roller spring perches, Rosehill Performance solid adjustable strut rods, TRW sway bar end links, and new inner/outer tie rod ends with Global West solid adjustable tie rod sleeves. I have a Flaming River gearbox with about 1000 miles on it and an Opentracker roller idler arm. Car has power steering. The rear has Mustangs Plus 5-leaf reverse eye springs that I fitted with Global West Del-A-Lum bushings. The car came equipped with a rear sway bar which is removed because the GW bushings make it unnecessary.

I replaced the weatherstripping 2 years ago. I also put new taillight bezels (the good ones made from original Ford tooling), and a new honeycomb panel. I have new boomerang mouldings that I haven't put on yet, but come with the car.

This car came from CA and has no rust. It's been painted a few times and that's it. About the worst thing is the front valance is a bit beat up and I had planned on making an airdam for it but I'm losing interest in doing that.

This is not an A/C car. It also has a casette player that someone mounted sometime back. Car has power steering and power brakes, but they're drums. I will include Mustang Steve Cobra caliper mounting brackets, rotors, and calipers.

I'm selling outright for $22,000 or best offer.

I'd like to trade for a completed 69/70 vert plus cash. I much prefer one with a stick. Engine is irrelavent, but the car has to be solid and rust free. I'm at the point where I'm not too interested in restoring a car.

I'm also interested in trading for an 03-04 Cobra vert. I'd trade straight across for a low mileage example.

I'll post pictures when I get home this evening. If you're interested, you can call me at 440 309 6401. My name is Jim. I'm outside of Cleveland, OH. My phone is off from 8-4:30 eastern, M-F. If I don't answer, leave a message with a phone number I can reach you at. Please please please don't send me text messages, I'll just get angry.

Edited by wantahertzdonut

I have my 1970 Mach 1 up for sale as I'm leaning toward getting something newer, or something with an open roof. Plus I'd like to do some mods that I'd prefer not to do to an original Mach.

My car: 1970, 351W (bored to 355) with Edelbrock 4bbl carb/intake. Engine rebuilt with about 6000 miles, forged internals, 10:1 compression. I figure it's good for about 275hp, it doesn't have a super wild cam. FMX auto, new interior 4 years ago. Has a Grant steering wheel but came with an rim-blow wheel that goes with the car. That needs to be rebuilt.

Red/black with black interior. Fold down rear seat. Everything inside is new except the sail panels and the carpet on the back of the rear seat. Paint is driver quality, has some chips, but the hood was repainted beautifully 4 years ago with stripes under the clear coat.

I replaced the 3.00 open with a 3.25 open and upgraded to 31 spline Superior axles. I have a 3.50 posi that needs rebuilt that goes with the car.

I started building the car for autocross and replaced the front and rear suspension. The front has Global West tubular upper and lower control arms, 1.75" UCA drop, Mustangs Plus 620lb springs (1" drop), Opentracker roller spring perches, Rosehill Performance solid adjustable strut rods, TRW sway bar end links, and new inner/outer tie rod ends with Global West solid adjustable tie rod sleeves. I have a Flaming River gearbox with about 1000 miles on it and an Opentracker roller idler arm. Car has power steering. The rear has Mustangs Plus 5-leaf reverse eye springs that I fitted with Global West Del-A-Lum bushings. The car came equipped with a rear sway bar which is removed because the GW bushings make it unnecessary.

I replaced the weatherstripping 2 years ago. I also put new taillight bezels (the good ones made from original Ford tooling), and a new honeycomb panel. I have new boomerang mouldings that I haven't put on yet, but come with the car.

This car came from CA and has no rust. It's been painted a few times and that's it. About the worst thing is the front valance is a bit beat up and I had planned on making an airdam for it but I'm losing interest in doing that.

This is not an A/C car. It also has a casette player that someone mounted sometime back. Car has power steering and power brakes, but they're drums. I will include Mustang Steve Cobra caliper mounting brackets, rotors, and calipers.

I'm selling outright for $22,000 or best offer.

I'd like to trade for a completed 69/70 vert plus cash. I much prefer one with a stick. Engine is irrelavent, but the car has to be solid and rust free. I'm at the point where I'm not too interested in restoring a car.

I'm also interested in trading for an 03-04 Cobra vert. I'd trade straight across for a low mileage example.

I'll post pictures when I get home this evening. If you're interested, you can call me at 440 309 6401. My name is Jim. I'm outside of Cleveland, OH. My phone is off from 8-4:30 eastern, M-F. If I don't answer, leave a message with a phone number I can reach you at. Please please please don't send me text messages, I'll just get angry.

Edited by wantahertzdonut