Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Camaro vs. Challenger vs. Mustang

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised the Camaro came out on top and overall I'll even admit I think it's the better car too but wow, all it takes is another measly 111hp to make that fat pig 5/10<SUP>th</SUP> of a sec faster in the 1/4mi and 2/10<SUP>th</SUP> of a second faster from 0-60, that’s, um, impressive?!?!?!?!? I guess if the roads are all straight it will be king, too bad they can’t get it to handle corners too though. :shifty:

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised the Camaro came out on top and overall I'll even admit I think it's the better car too but wow, all it takes is another measly 111hp to make that fat pig 5/10<SUP>th</SUP> of a sec faster in the 1/4mi and 2/10<SUP>th</SUP> of a second faster from 0-60, that’s, um, impressive?!?!?!?!? I guess if the roads are all straight it will be king, too bad they can’t get it to handle corners too though. :shifty:

I would guess that once again the Mustang will outlast them both. With GM and Chrysler about to go broke I bet they can the Camaro in a few years and the Challenger sooner. I'm not hoping for that at all and I hope they all survive but I'm thinking it's 1971 all over again. Fuel prices, goverment and the economy will kill all the new muscle/performance cars and that would not be good for the Mustang in the long run also. But all doomsday predictions aside, I'm also not surprised that the Camaro came out on top. From what I have read they will be a strong running car.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

I would guess that once again the Mustang will outlast them both. With GM and Chrysler about to go broke I bet they can the Camaro in a few years and the Challenger sooner. I'm not hoping for that at all and I hope they all survive but I'm thinking it's 1971 all over again. Fuel prices, goverment and the economy will kill all the new muscle/performance cars and that would not be good for the Mustang in the long run also. But all doomsday predictions aside, I'm also not surprised that the Camaro came out on top. From what I have read they will be a strong running car.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

One thing they don't take into consideration is price. I think the gt would be the best buy. Thanks for posting this I've read the comparisons but nice to see one. And the 2010 looks better in the video than I would have thought. Because the pictures I've seen are crapola.

One thing they don't take into consideration is price. I think the gt would be the best buy. Thanks for posting this I've read the comparisons but nice to see one. And the 2010 looks better in the video than I would have thought. Because the pictures I've seen are crapola.

Let me just tell you that the new rearend of the mustang looks just as bad in person as it does in pics.

I just saw it at the NY auto show Tuesday, and it's FUGLY! They ruined it in my opinion. I did like the front/side/roof lines more than I thought I was going to though.

Let me just tell you that the new rearend of the mustang looks just as bad in person as it does in pics.

I just saw it at the NY auto show Tuesday, and it's FUGLY! They ruined it in my opinion. I did like the front/side/roof lines more than I thought I was going to though.

Yeah I am totally underwhelmed by pretty much the entire exterior of the new Stang, I just don't see it as an improvment over the previous design. I feel more like five years of waiting was totally wasted.

Yeah I am totally underwhelmed by pretty much the entire exterior of the new Stang, I just don't see it as an improvment over the previous design. I feel more like five years of waiting was totally wasted.

Yes, I'm still alive.

I like the looks of the new Challenger, but I'll have to agree with Slime on this one, the Mustang with it's lower price will outsell them all. If the Challenger and Mustang were the same price and had the same performance, I'd probably opt for the Challenger. It has a classic/timeless look to it.

Yes, I'm still alive.

I like the looks of the new Challenger, but I'll have to agree with Slime on this one, the Mustang with it's lower price will outsell them all. If the Challenger and Mustang were the same price and had the same performance, I'd probably opt for the Challenger. It has a classic/timeless look to it.

I think, in 10 years that we'll all know that the Stang is the best looker of the three.

I was never a fan of the Challenger, but the new one I've seen was pretty impressive-as an improvement on the original. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think 70's styling should have been left in the 70's. It's OK, but too close to the original to stir my hemi, as it were....

The design of the Camaro STILL has me scratching my....head. I would say it's "Old meets new meets WTF?!?!?!"

In time, you'll grow to appreciate the new Stang. It's like the sn95's you're seeing now. I didn't like them much new, but now I have grown to like them.

As far as the test goes, who is surprised that the others "Cost twice as much to go twice as fast half as well?" Enjoy you're 416 Hp planter, bowties.

Edited by Truck

I think, in 10 years that we'll all know that the Stang is the best looker of the three.

I was never a fan of the Challenger, but the new one I've seen was pretty impressive-as an improvement on the original. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think 70's styling should have been left in the 70's. It's OK, but too close to the original to stir my hemi, as it were....

The design of the Camaro STILL has me scratching my....head. I would say it's "Old meets new meets WTF?!?!?!"

In time, you'll grow to appreciate the new Stang. It's like the sn95's you're seeing now. I didn't like them much new, but now I have grown to like them.

As far as the test goes, who is surprised that the others "Cost twice as much to go twice as fast half as well?" Enjoy you're 416 Hp planter, bowties.

Edited by Truck

I just read a Motor Trend review of the trio and they gave the Camaro the overall nod but said when you compare the top of the line offerings, the Shelby 500 kicks them all by a lot. I like the Challenger styling, but it's so big and heavy that it negates the nice Hemi motor. The Camaro moves (even the V6 has 304 HP) but IMO it's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen!! I doubt it lasts more than a couple of years, especially if GM goes bankrupt. Who knows, I could be wrong and maybe the Camaro trailer park mullet makes a comeback too..

I just read a Motor Trend review of the trio and they gave the Camaro the overall nod but said when you compare the top of the line offerings, the Shelby 500 kicks them all by a lot. I like the Challenger styling, but it's so big and heavy that it negates the nice Hemi motor. The Camaro moves (even the V6 has 304 HP) but IMO it's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen!! I doubt it lasts more than a couple of years, especially if GM goes bankrupt. Who knows, I could be wrong and maybe the Camaro trailer park mullet makes a comeback too..

I'm holding out for the new 6.2L Boss engine. Yep, the defunct hurricane engine program has been revived and renamed because of Katrina. They've already started casting the blocks. It's supposed to be offered in the big trucks first, but I can't imagine it won't end up in a high performance Mustang variant eventually. It will debut as a 2v SOHC, but it will be followed by a 4V (or perhaps 3V) version down the road.

I'm holding out for the new 6.2L Boss engine. Yep, the defunct hurricane engine program has been revived and renamed because of Katrina. They've already started casting the blocks. It's supposed to be offered in the big trucks first, but I can't imagine it won't end up in a high performance Mustang variant eventually. It will debut as a 2v SOHC, but it will be followed by a 4V (or perhaps 3V) version down the road.

ya know, i've been thinking of regrowing my mullet for a while.....:helpsmilie:

ya know, i've been thinking of regrowing my mullet for a while.....:helpsmilie: