rd49221

Finally Making Some Progress.....

Here's all that is being kept. Internals look very good. No need to replace anything. Now time to start adding parts and pieces.

Edited by rd49221
Forgot attachment

I wanted to ask you a question about the Lizard Skin. How flexible is it? If theres any flexing in the roof panel, will that cause the skin to flake off.

The Lizard Skin product goes on rather thick. The consistency is kind of like a milk shake. Initially it is soft to the touch, and you can sink your fingernail into it. After it sets up for a while (week?) it is really very hard. I dont think there's any way it would flake or crack if the surface was properly cleaned.

RD,

How much Lizard Skin did it take you to cover the areas you did? What sprayer did you use? I was wondering if this stuff is any different than a brush on bed liner.

Thanks,

Jim

I actually bought the sprayer that is available from them. It cleans up fairly easily. I sprayed multiple coats for it to build up. Sprayed the roof panel until it was fairly thick. Sprayed the floor, and roof. It comes in a 2 gallon bucket and I still have about a quart left. I will also use the rest to spray inside the doors and in the wheel wells. I dont know how durable it's going to be there.

I really like the valve covers. They are cast aluminum and seem to be well made. The old covers were chrome and pitted and needed to be replaced. You can see them in my post from 3/22. I was looking for a different look and something that would be easier to maintain than the chrome.

I really like the valve covers. They are cast aluminum and seem to be well made. The old covers were chrome and pitted and needed to be replaced. You can see them in my post from 3/22. I was looking for a different look and something that would be easier to maintain than the chrome.

Making some progress on the body. Cleaned up the firewall, test fit the fenders. Everything seems to be lining up well. Working on the hood and getting it ready to fit as well. Hoping to start painting the engine bay soon, assuming fits are good.

Got some color on the engine bay over the weekend. hopefully things will move a little more quickly. AOD trans should be done this week. Hoping to have engine, trans, drivetrain and brakes complete in the next month.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments. It's been a long, slow process and seeing the other projects on the forum has helped me with a lot of decisions and keeping the faith that it will actually get done.