Sign in to follow this  
elpaso69

Window alignment

Hey, i'm brand new to the forums here, and i have to say they are very helpful. i did have one question though. i have been trying to align my driver side window on my 69 coupe for the better part of the last 3 years ever since my mom shattered it by slamming the door after taking it out for a spin. i got the new glass and it is from a 69 coupe but i can't seem to get the spacing and angle right. any tips on this subject would be awesome. i just recently moved to el paso, tx and i need to get the interior sealed to keep all of the sand out and i would also like to be able to keep people from so easily unlocking my door.

thanks

mike

Hey, i'm brand new to the forums here, and i have to say they are very helpful. i did have one question though. i have been trying to align my driver side window on my 69 coupe for the better part of the last 3 years ever since my mom shattered it by slamming the door after taking it out for a spin. i got the new glass and it is from a 69 coupe but i can't seem to get the spacing and angle right. any tips on this subject would be awesome. i just recently moved to el paso, tx and i need to get the interior sealed to keep all of the sand out and i would also like to be able to keep people from so easily unlocking my door.

thanks

mike

i would love to hear the response to this question because ive got the same problem but with the passenger side. The window has two guides in the door which can both be adjusted to change the angle of the glass. It seems they can only be adjusted from the bottom but i think u can do it to the top, if u use like washers or shims.

Edited by Angel
typo

i would love to hear the response to this question because ive got the same problem but with the passenger side. The window has two guides in the door which can both be adjusted to change the angle of the glass. It seems they can only be adjusted from the bottom but i think u can do it to the top, if u use like washers or shims.

Edited by Angel
typo

This particular forum is mostly for posting existing how to information, not so much for asking for help so your question may not get enough attention from those who can help you. We have covered this topic several times, I ran a search for you and came up with several threads you may want to read thru and see if they help. http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/search.php?searchid=201770

If none of these help try reposting your question in the tech section or reply to one of the threads in that link with a follow up question.

This particular forum is mostly for posting existing how to information, not so much for asking for help so your question may not get enough attention from those who can help you. We have covered this topic several times, I ran a search for you and came up with several threads you may want to read thru and see if they help. http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/search.php?searchid=201770

If none of these help try reposting your question in the tech section or reply to one of the threads in that link with a follow up question.

<SNIP> and i would also like to be able to keep people from so easily unlocking my door.

thanks

mike

LOL... oh the good old days. In high school I had a 65 coupe. I had a killer old school Alpine deck in it. I used the leave a cassette tape in it but ejected, cleverly disguising the deck and ALWAYS left the car unlocked. I figured I'd rather have someone open the door and steal something than scratch the paint or hack the car up getting in... luckily neither ever happened. Sadly I sold the car after college.

<SNIP> and i would also like to be able to keep people from so easily unlocking my door.

thanks

mike

LOL... oh the good old days. In high school I had a 65 coupe. I had a killer old school Alpine deck in it. I used the leave a cassette tape in it but ejected, cleverly disguising the deck and ALWAYS left the car unlocked. I figured I'd rather have someone open the door and steal something than scratch the paint or hack the car up getting in... luckily neither ever happened. Sadly I sold the car after college.

Elpaso, I can't help you. I'm still bruised from the last a_ _ woopin these widows gave me, right side nice, drivers side sloppy? I put all ne w bushings- everthing, with me doing all the work, how did I get one right one wrong? I called it close and decided to leave to the next guy if we ever sell the stang.

Elpaso, I can't help you. I'm still bruised from the last a_ _ woopin these widows gave me, right side nice, drivers side sloppy? I put all ne w bushings- everthing, with me doing all the work, how did I get one right one wrong? I called it close and decided to leave to the next guy if we ever sell the stang.

Your all scareing me !! I am just about to try and line up my windows. They are ALL screwed up...all 4. The last person that 'fixed' them jammed an ice scrapper in between the regulator and the 1/4 panel :scared: to hold it in place !!!

Edited by flight96

Your all scareing me !! I am just about to try and line up my windows. They are ALL screwed up...all 4. The last person that 'fixed' them jammed an ice scrapper in between the regulator and the 1/4 panel :scared: to hold it in place !!!

Edited by flight96