Sign in to follow this  
Burn

The paint is flowing. Finally!

Niiiiiiiiiiiceee:thumbup:

It's always good to see all that time, hard work, cursing, blood, sweat and tears culminate into a completed project. These types of pics make me want to put down my coffee cup and head to the garage...unfortunately I have to go make the donuts...

Niiiiiiiiiiiceee:thumbup:

It's always good to see all that time, hard work, cursing, blood, sweat and tears culminate into a completed project. These types of pics make me want to put down my coffee cup and head to the garage...unfortunately I have to go make the donuts...

Thanks, Legion!

I got the Mustang cleaned up this past weekend and took some fancy pictures at a nearby office complex. Not too bad for a rookie with a Canon PowerShot digital camera. I like the second picture the best...maybe because the Texas flag is flying in the background. :biggrin:

The next project for the Stang is power steering!!! I also bought a beat-up 351C 4V motor a few weeks ago...Stay tuned!

Thanks!

Its lowered 1" all the way around. She's got 4-1/2 Mid-eye Grab-A-track (175 lb/in spring rate) leaf springs, 1" lowering coil springs w/550#rate and KYB GR-2 gas shocks on all 4 corners. She rides really nice. The 255/60/15 on the back do rub a little bit if I hit a bump in the road. I should have rolled the wheel well lip.

Burn,.

I'm looking for options. How did you modify your exhaust tips to work with 2.5 pipes ?.

After searching around, the only one's I found in 2.5 are for a 68-72 Chevelle that look close to a 70 Mach 1 tip....BTW thats a sweeet riiide....Thanks T.Z

TZ, The muffler shop had a tube flaring machine which they flared the exhaust pipe to fit around tip. I wasn't real happy they did it that way, but it worked. I doubt its hurting performance much. They tried to flare the tip, but the material was too thick. I'm thinking a 2" relief cut probably would have fixed that.

I actually took the time to read your build and I'd have to say how impressed I am of your progress, great attention to detail and the car looks real sharp!

I wanted to ask how your brakes came out, last time you mentioned that they weren't stopping well. What have you done to date. I also see that you used the 1974 Maverick manual disc/drum master cylinder. Do you have stock disc and how come you didn't go with PWR brakes. I ask this since I have 4 wheel manual drum and bought a 70 front disc set up and would like to convert the front and MC.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

The brakes are working great. I haven't needed to mess with them since I got her on the road 3 yrs ago. It took me some time to get used to the manual brakes.

I converted the front to disc using '71 Mustang spindles and hardware. The reason I didn't go power is because my engine has only 10 lbs of vacuum. I think you need at least 12 lbs for power brakes. Good luck with your conversion. Go power disc if you can.

I just read the whole thread, what a great accomplishment. I can just imagine how gratifying it must be to look back from where you came. My love affair with Mustangs started with a red 70 MACH 1, 351C FMX with shaker option, so yours makes me smile. My Dad sold it in 72, to one of his brothers, who still has it today, it's got somewhere around 80,000 original miles on it.