Sign in to follow this  
69mustang1

460 in a 69 mach I

Yes and no. externally it bolts up the same but the cam, exhaust manifolds, intake, oil pan ect are different if you were wanting performance without a rebuild. in short you could make work but it's going to take the correct tranny and a lot of brackets and so forth.

If you want a big block FE's are cheap too and they're correct, not to mention parts would be easier to come by since they were put in a 69 in the first place. just my 2 cents.

Yes and no. externally it bolts up the same but the cam, exhaust manifolds, intake, oil pan ect are different if you were wanting performance without a rebuild. in short you could make work but it's going to take the correct tranny and a lot of brackets and so forth.

If you want a big block FE's are cheap too and they're correct, not to mention parts would be easier to come by since they were put in a 69 in the first place. just my 2 cents.

I am wondering if a 460 from a 75 F250 is the same motor used in passenger cars as I have one available to me cheap that I would like to put in my 69 Mach I. thanks

to use this engine in a 69 all you'll need to change the oil pan, the rest of the stuff like exhaust manifolds (headers) and motor mounts you'll need a swap kit for, you can get a swap kit from Crites restorations that includes the motor mounts, frame stands and headers. you'll also need a tranny that will bolt up the 460, generally most people use a c6 automatic but you could also use a Toploader 4 speed if you can find the right bellhousing for it.

it's actually a really simple swap and contrary to most people's opinions works great and you don't have to cut your car up to make it work.

I am wondering if a 460 from a 75 F250 is the same motor used in passenger cars as I have one available to me cheap that I would like to put in my 69 Mach I. thanks

to use this engine in a 69 all you'll need to change the oil pan, the rest of the stuff like exhaust manifolds (headers) and motor mounts you'll need a swap kit for, you can get a swap kit from Crites restorations that includes the motor mounts, frame stands and headers. you'll also need a tranny that will bolt up the 460, generally most people use a c6 automatic but you could also use a Toploader 4 speed if you can find the right bellhousing for it.

it's actually a really simple swap and contrary to most people's opinions works great and you don't have to cut your car up to make it work.