Sign in to follow this  
Fordrevhead

70 Grande Resto Mod Chop help...please

OK, my 70 Grande is Waaaay apart but I need an overall scheme/goal to shoot for to help me along. I'm going resto mod, non matching drivetrain etc.

I would LOVE some help photochopping! please! This one might be a challenge! I just got PS4 but no clue. I would be happy to trade some CAD design or drafting work for this.

Here's what I'm thinking about: I like an old drag car stance... not lowered, big block springs in the front, rear up a bit too.

Two tone top and bottom. Satin black entire top maybe 1.5" or so below the top fender edge, down below the side windows, across the pillar where a vinyl top line might be and across the quarter continuing at the 1.5" mark. I'm thinking a burnt orange metallic bottom which I saw on an Rx8 (I know tricky paint scheme).

Need front chin spoiler and rear spoiler (in satin black).

Interior black

Wheels 5 or 6 spoke satin black of a more modern aggressive type which will be hard to find with the right backspacing.

Going for Mad Max with a touch of class, lol. No chrome trim though, bumpers and door handles and the like will be powder coated black.

I am also considering some aggressive body mods. At minimum I will have a Mach 1 hood. But, I have considered molding a 67 Shelby Eleanor style on there. I would also like to consider the 69-70 Shelby convertible side scoops. I also had a wild idea about taking 68 Shelby high side scoops and putting the left on the right and right on the left to break up what I think is a largish rear roof pillar. I think flipping them and levelling them out more than on the Shelbys might match the body lines, but I havent tried it. Would be interesting to see, as I have never seen this done.

Attached is a coupe that I like the stance of, it has the spoilers and such but is not a high rez image. There's a Camaro just because the two tone is done similar to what I want (except it looks like they ended it at the roof line instead of running down the quarter)... could even use those wheels without the chrome lip (maybe burnt orange lip)! The Shelby upper scoops are labeled Shelby correct so you have to rotate them 180 and try them on the opposite side.

TIA!

Ok first off, yikes, that is a long laundry list! I'm willing to help but you have to cull down some of your ideas and get an exact plan first. Doing the photoshop work is one thing but hunting down all those images at the right angles to chop from is alot of internet search work. Let me break things down a little first and get things on track.

Your paint scheme idea rang some bells to me so I did some digging and finally found this old thread from 2 years ago, gives you and idea of what the two tone looks like: http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=2740

There is also one or two pics in the UGLY CAR thread of some cars that thought it was a good idea to add the upper 67/68 sail panel scoops to the 69'. They are there for a reason, it's just not a great idea in my book but take a look and see what you think.

Now, the first thing you need to do is decide on the wheels, you need to find a picture of exactly what you want and post or link to it here. Then you need to find a big higher res picture of a 70' coupe with the tires preferably at the same angle (or exact opposite) as the pic of the wheels you find, usually a 3/4 view like the low res pic you provided already. Stance is easy to adjust just like the tires but if it already has the spoilers and scoops you want on it than all the better, also the lighter the color the better, white's, pale yellow or primers make color change alot easier but not necessary.

yeah I know... just want to get some ideas flowing, helps with the overall plan. So that old thread is funny, similar to one of my thoughts. I'm not 100% on the burnt orange yet but I like the two tone. His chop is too lowered for around here, and it needs a real scoop not a molded in Shelby or fastback style and it is begging for the chin spoiler too! Chrome wheels gotta go.

I'm having a hard time finding black spoked wheels I like with the correct backspacing. Tirerack doesnt even have a 69 or 70 Mustang in the image library to fit wheels on! geez! Like it's tough to find a picture of one of those! I emailed them some jeers. Any ideas where to look?

thanks

it needs a real scoop not a molded in Shelby or fastback style

What scoop are you talking about? You mentioned previously about the Shelby vert scoop and that is what was on the side of the car in that old thread.

As for wheels, your best bet will be to look for a company that offers custom backspace like say American Racing for example since finding stock larger modern rims already in the bs you want is near impossible.

sorry, I meant the spoiler. Yes that's the scoop I mentioned already... not sure if I'm sold on that either. Does the 69 coupe qtr trim fit on a 70? I have a mint set of those in the "attic" also.

Yes custom bs will be the way to go to get the wheels I like. These are bad ass http://asp.americanracing.com/wheelswp/details.asp?wheelid=AX1816&name=ATX

No, well not a simple bolt on anyway, the scoop needs an indent in the quarter to fit.

Oh, I was so worked up about the AR links I didnt read this before. That makes sense. Boy, I might go crazy with metalwork. I like the line in the 69 quarter better than the smoothie 70 too. :whistling:

If the guy down the street would just sell me his 69 before it rusts away...

No, well not a simple bolt on anyway, the scoop needs an indent in the quarter to fit.

Oh, I was so worked up about the AR links I didnt read this before. That makes sense. Boy, I might go crazy with metalwork. I like the line in the 69 quarter better than the smoothie 70 too. :whistling:

If the guy down the street would just sell me his 69 before it rusts away...

thanks pak. The interior is hideous but I like where they split the color, right where I had pictured. I wonder if the tailight panel should be the bottom color.

I'll have to find a pic of my 65 coupe I had in highschool. My Dad and I painted it. It was pace car blue with powder blue faded up the hood lines, down the side body scoop lines and faded from the gascap out. The there was gold metalflake in the clear. The rear end was pace car blue as well and the gas tank was white. Interior was black. It looked amazing under the street lights at night.