Sign in to follow this  

B.F. Goodrich tires?

I'm looking for B.F.Goodrich T/A KDW tires, 275 or 285/40/17 and 245/45/17. Everywhere I look, (Summit Racing, Jegs, Town Fair, Sears, Discount tire, Tire Rack,local tire shops ) they are out of stock and some of them say that the larger size tires are discontinued. Does anyone know of other tire places to call for these tires? If they are no longer available, I heard that the Nitto Extreme555 is also a high grip tire that has decent tire life. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

The 245/45/17s are in stock.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=BFGoodrich&model=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW

You also might want to check out the KDW2 offerings. I think the problem is everyone is going to 18 or 20 inch tires now and getting away from 17". Personally, I love the KDW2 look but don't want a rim bigger than 17" (maybe a 315/35/18 for the rear - maybe)

A buddy has the Nitto X555 and likes them. Their drag radial is only ok though...

Try Performance Plus tires, I'll bet they have it still and probably at the best price too. I'm getting the same sizes as you 275 and 245 so when I started searching I always looked for the 275 first, usually if I found a brand in that size it was available in a 245 also, but not the other way around.

I was actually going to buy the KDW's but I opted for the VENTUS V4 ES H105 By HANKOOK TIRE instead as it met both my criteria of being directional and also having enough bare space on the sidewall to add my custom redline, saving a couple hundred dollars was a nice bonus as well.

It has a kind of a flame like design as well (to me anyway) but a different style.

4810.jpg

Follow this link and enter in your sizes to see the selections and availability: http://www.performanceplustire.com/products/tires/#prodAnchor

Performance Plus listed the tires as in stock, but when I called they were backordered with no idea when they might be in. Tire Rack listed the 275's as out of stock, but I haven't called them yet. Thanks for the websites. Still looking.

Packrat... I have the Hankook Ventus ST on my SVT Lightning. Been burning rubber for 2 years and 12,000 miles and plenty of tread left. Alot better than the Goodyear F1's that were on it.

Alot better than the Goodyear F1's that were on it.

I've had multiple sets on my Ford GT.... Goodyears are DANGEROUS! When it's below 50f, they drive like being on ICE! When I burn off this set I will be going to Hoosiers R6's in the rear and Dunlop SU9000's in the front! :biggrin:

ANYTHING but Goodyears!

Good to know you are happy with those Hankooks, I'm not familliar with them first hand but they seem like a lot of tire for the money. Too bad abut those KDW's, they were the popular choice of many a modified car over the last few years, I can't believe they would suddenly just stop making them in that size. I'm just getting on the 17" upgrade band wagon and it seems like it won't be long before you'll have to go to coker for those sizes too. I think that is the one thing that would make me nervous in your hunt, to finally find a set and then have no replacement if something suddenly goes wrong with one.

have you considered the Mickey Thompson Sportsman Street tires? they are a really good looking tire and are supposed to have great grip. i had a set of goodyear eagle GT's on my stang once and i do agree thay are dangerous, in fact they are the reason for the shock tower that cracked a long, long time ago. i was going around a corner at a small local autocross/rally when i was in high school and they just slid through the corner and ended up with the car smacking the curb and bending the lower control arm and breaking the upper ball joint. sad thing is that i was only doing about 20-25 mph. i had taken that corner before going faster than that before and many times since going much faster, all with different tires other than those damn eagles and never had a problem. that wasn't the only time they had gotten me into trouble either but definitely the worst outcome. i'll never own another set of goodyear "performance" tires as long as i live and probably wouldn't use a set of regular passenger car tires either.....in fact i'd run Firestones from a ford explorer before i'd ever own another set of goodyears

All this bad talk about Goodyear has me concerned and curious. I always thought they were supposed to be one of the oldest and most respected names in the business? Or is all that just due to the blimp? I have owned numerous and various Jeep models in my life and they all pretty much came with Goodyear Wranglers on them and I pretty much always replaced the same when I had to, in fact I just bought 4 brand new 235/60/17 ones last week for my 04' Grand Cherokee LTD. :001_huh:

All this bad talk about Goodyear has me concerned and curious. I always thought they were supposed to be one of the oldest and most respected names in the business? Or is all that just due to the blimp? I have owned numerous and various Jeep models in my life and they all pretty much came with Goodyear Wranglers on them and I pretty much always replaced the same when I had to, in fact I just bought 4 brand new 235/60/17 ones last week for my 04' Grand Cherokee LTD. :001_huh:

their off road tires are ok, not the greatest but not bad. their regular passenger vehicle tires are also ok, i just had bad luck with their "performance" tires and because of my experiences i won't buy another goodyear tire. i prefer BFG's myself but have also used Dayton and Michelin tires with good success. my wife's Escape has Michelins and i ran BFG radial T/A's on the mustang and other cars forever. i had Daytons on my old Cherokee and the mustang is currently wearing Falken tires which seem to be pretty decent too. Goodyears are usually way, way overpriced as well

OE fitments?

Also, a lot of people like to replace OE tires with the same brand.

Very True- Goodyear built a custom sized set to fit the 05-06 Ford GT..... Fronts 235/45-18 fronts

315/40-19 rear.....

try to find a replacement.... rated at 200 MPH! I challenge you!

Thanks for all the info and links to find BFG tires. I gave up on them and I think I'll go with the Nitto Extreme NT555 from www.americanmuscle.com . They have decent prices and free shipping. I've always had BFG radial T/A's on my car until a few years ago. They always look good on a muscle car, but lately I'm into autocross type driving, so I wanted a tire with more grip. I bought the Falken Azenis that are super sticky for a street tire but they only lasted a summer.(pic)

I'll chime in on Wranglers. They're base tread rubber is VERY VERY hard... We had them on our Durango and they were OK when new. At about 20-30k they were worn but still legal... they would hum, had no wet traction at all. They sucked, we were waiting for them to wear out to get rid of them but they basically stopped wearing completely. This is how they get the mileage out of them... I watched them for another 15k and they didnt wear at all! We just finally replaced them even though they were still legal. Went with Nokian Votiva 31x10.50's, nice tire for New England.

MAD IN NC

When I burn off this set I will be going to Hoosiers R6's in the rear and Dunlop SU9000's in the front!

Very interested in hearing what you think of the Hoosier R6's. I haven't decided between R6's and Toyo R888's. Would also like your opinion on the Nitto's when you get some seat time 9350.

I have get fantastic performance from the Hoosier drag radials on my blown fox, great wear characteristics and traction. These replaced a set of BFG drag radials, and then Mickey Thompsons.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Mike<o:p></o:p>