Sign in to follow this  

Coupe-2-fastback conversion

Wow. 6 grand is a steep price for it but it's a big list of parts. I seen the article also and the car looks great. Still think I would buy a Sportsroof project car first tho but thats my opinion. If you had a super solid coupe and was dead set on a FB, and had the money then maybe? On the other hand one day soon that may be the only option for 6 grand.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

Wow. 6 grand is a steep price for it but it's a big list of parts. I seen the article also and the car looks great. Still think I would buy a Sportsroof project car first tho but thats my opinion. If you had a super solid coupe and was dead set on a FB, and had the money then maybe? On the other hand one day soon that may be the only option for 6 grand.

or if you maybe had a 69 GT coupe but really wanted a fastback......not me because i actually like the coupes better, but the fastbacks sure are sharp.

Interesting. I had never seen it done on a 69-70 but I knew it was possible. Much more work than on an older Stang. I have a solid coupe and as much as I like fastbacks I'm not going to butcher the coupe. It's getting harder to find nice coupes too and Dynacorn isnt making those. ;) Now if I happened upon a save-able coupe with no tags... well, I would consider this.

I paid 6 grand for my sisters 69 fastback, it's complete and in pretty decent shape. That's definitly a steep price for a conversion kit when I can buy a whole fastback for that price. But non the less it's cool that someone is offering it. To bad coupes are better anyway:tongue:

i did the conversion with a buddy we used a solid coupe and a rusted out fastback the was totally butchered by a crackhead who thought he was a sculptor. i have few pics in my album and a ton more if your looking for something specific. check it out.

1 would like to do the same thing can i get more info on this or can i see your album