Sign in to follow this  
dennyb68

13 years and now 95% Done HIP HIP HOORAY

Yes, I would say that your car really sits nice. I have been reading your thread, and admire your dedication after 13 years. I am in a constant struggle with my convertible, as I own the actual car, I do not have the money, time nor no-how to get the car to where I want it to be. I recognize that it is all a learning experience and that is part of the adventure of the build, but I got into this for my children to enjoy with me. Unfortunately that are growing faster than I can realize. I am thinking if just sitting on my car until I am ready, and if it takes 13 years, so be it. I am thinking of getting a newer ride in the mean time so that we as a familt have something to enjoy now.

Bill from Ottawa

Here are some more pictures with the new wheels and the choped coils.it really made the stance right for me.I cut almost 1 coil off 1 would say I'm 99% done.

Looks real nice. What kind of wheels did you have? Are those Summit Star? I was thinking of getting a set of those.

Yes, I would say that your car really sits nice. I have been reading your thread, and admire your dedication after 13 years. I am in a constant struggle with my convertible, as I own the actual car, I do not have the money, time nor no-how to get the car to where I want it to be. I recognize that it is all a learning experience and that is part of the adventure of the build, but I got into this for my children to enjoy with me. Unfortunately that are growing faster than I can realize. I am thinking if just sitting on my car until I am ready, and if it takes 13 years, so be it. I am thinking of getting a newer ride in the mean time so that we as a familt have something to enjoy now.

Bill from Ottawa

you know what Bill, that may actually be your best bet right now. keep the vert and whatever parts you can salvage from the other 2 cars and just buy a newer vert or something y'all can cruise in now and work on the 69 as time and money allow. if nothing else you could spend the winter months or any other extra time you have restoring and refurbing the smaller pieces until they are all done and ready to go and then start in on the bigger stuff and do the same thing until you run out of stuff to redo and then you can start buying the new bits a piece or 2 at a time until you have all of that and the start in on the paint/bodywork and the just put it back together a little at a time until it's all done. that's basically how i was able to get mine done, except for the paint and body stuff which i took out a loan for and had it professionally done

The wheels are from summit.I really like them because the lug nuts are flush with the face of the wheel so the are really easy to clean.Like bnickel said just do what you can in small steps and you'll get there.