Sign in to follow this  
dennyb68

13 years and now 95% Done HIP HIP HOORAY

You have any direct sunlight pics of the new paint. I've got a Silver Jade Coupe that was a crappy Buy me Red repaint when I bought it. I'm going to paint the car a shade of green, but am torn on going back to silver jade. The cars I've seen with it are all two stage paint which looks completely different from the original single stage paint on my floor pans

Here are some more pictures.I built this to be different.You will see many red Mustangs and I just wanted to be different that's why I went with silver jade and I am so happy that I did.In the direct sun it kinda looks silver and in the shade it looks dark green.The scoop tells you that I wanted to be different.Find a part of your car that has the original color still on it like behind the fender on the outer firewall/cowl area and see what you think.I was sold on the color after I saw it there.

No they are really never done.I have added a few more things so here are a few more pictures.I can't tell you how many times I would have family over for birthdays etc. they would take a look and shake thier heads and say there is no way I am ever going to get it back together.I have had every nut and bolt off of this car and they saw all of the original rust.Well now they just cant'nt belive it's the same car.I have a few "extras" that only those really into Mustangs would ever pick up on.I have map pockets on the rear of my seat backs I also have a radio noise supressor mounted to my cowl Electric trunk release,seat belt light,Boss shock towers just a bunch of little things that most will never even notice.I just got the stripes on Saturday they are black reflective and they really light up in the sun as you can see.One of the pictures shows the car with the seam sealer in the wheelwell.The underside of the car is also body color with 3 coats of clear.

And the DMV gave me this temp tag.This is a total random pick they just open a drawer and pull out a temp tag no order to it at all.Man I am so pumped

Thats too cool! Who da thought? Just like when we moved 5 yrs ago and got a new phone # _ _ _ -_ _ _- 5552, my IMCA modified # was 555. I just new the wife asked for it. Shes says to this day, she didn't, like your plate it was meant to be!

The only thing that kept this from being another red Mustang was the outer cowl area still had a nice patch of the original Sliver Jade paint and after 13 years of back and forth with the colors I just went with the original color.I could'nt be more pleased with they way it turned out.

Great color choice, when in doubt original is always a great way to go.

My Sportsroof came to me in a maroon color, and I pretty well had set my mind on black. As I started stripping down the paint, out popped the original T code Candyapple Red, and black went out the window.

I think I can bear the "another red Mustang" label.

I guess maybe that came across wrong.There is nothing wrong with "another red Mustang".I have looked high and low and at many pictures and I would say that 7 out of 10 were red I just had to be different.If yours was red when it was born then by all means bring it back to life red it will be rare in the fact that it was originally red.As you can see from my pictures my car was red when I got it and it looked pretty good except for the wrecked front end