Sign in to follow this  
burritoboi5

1969 coupe for sale

Basically am at a point where I just can't afford to do anything more with the car and renting a garage to store it in is costing me over 150 a month. So, it looks like it may be time to part with it.

Here's my ad from Craigslist

Bought this car from a guy in New York about two years ago sight unseen. Since then I have done a lot of work on it and am just at a point were my financial resources and time have run out.

As stated it's a 69 coupe, the engine is a 302 bored over .030 and came from a newer mustang so it has a roller cam. As well as Sr. Windsor heads and roller rockers. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold with a holley 4 barrel on top. It runs a Moroso racing water pump on the front end as well as having a brand new radiator backed by an electric fan. The motor was built by a shop in upstate connecticut and I have the dyno sheet for it where it ran at 327 foot lbs torque, and 332 Hp. I'm also told that with a more aggressive cam and intake manifold it should put out closer to 400, but as of now it has no problem braking the tires loose.

All of this is backed by a Tremec 5 speed overdrive transmission. I bought the kit new from moderndriveline and it is rated for a little over 400 horsepower. A beautiful trans and clutch setup that cost me over 3000.....

As far as sheetmetal goes, almost everything has been replaced. It has new floorpans in it, new quarters from the previous owner, as well as a new front subframe that I put in. While doing so I put in subframe connectors and stiffened up the rear of the car. Also, it has a 6 point rollcage partially installed (just a 4 point).

The rear suspension remains drumbrakes with new leaf springs and urethane bushings. I planned on someday replacing it with a 9 inch so for now I just rebuilt the brakes and put in new shocks.

The front steering and suspension have both been completely redone. The front steering endlinks and sleeves were all replaced. Additionally it is sporting a coilover kit with QA1 shocks up front which are adjustable in dampning and height/stiffness. The front end also has disk brakes on it and a new power brake booster/master cylinder to match. This all came as new components in a kit. The car has line lock too just for kicks.

Exhaust, is a longtube header setup going to an x pipe with two flowmaster 40s that exit via turndowns before the rear tires.

I put in a new windshield this past spring and was almost ready to get her on the road but as stated above have just run out of resources to pay for a paint job. If someone wants something to get painted or drive as it is, they simply would need to finish putting the interior in and then tinker as they please.

I have way more sunk into this project then is reflected in the asking price so if have any questions feel free to email me or call me at 203-858-3348. Here are some links to pictures, I have documented everything that has been done so please just ask.

Here's a link to my build

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=2485

And here are some recent pictures

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

Car is located in Wilton, CT and am asking $8,000 but very open to making a deal

Would be willing to part it out but only if I can have buyers lined up ahead of time. Pricing for that would be as follows;

Engine : 2750

Trans: 2250

Front disc brake setup w/booster: 600

Front coilover conversion: 600

Body/rest of parts I have: 2250

Like I said I need buyers for the parts lined up ahead of time. As far as shipping/I could ship the brakes/coilover on the buyers dime, or would be willing to deliver any of the above within 200 miles of my location for the cost of fuel.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Edited by burritoboi5
fixed pictures

Yea afraid that's just how it goes sometimes. Maybe later on I'll get back into the muscle cars but for now it just isn't going to work out.

BTW price dropped to 6500, looks like we may be running into some issues with California registration requirements.... but we'll see how this buyer goes.

-Steve

Well if you really get stuck and end up parting it out let me know. I might be able to work something out for the trans and coilovers.

It's too bad you don't just have a place you can through a tarp over it or something, such a shame to lose all that time and labor not to mention the money you have sunk into it.

Good luck bud!