Sign in to follow this  
lupin398

'68 Mustang

Right now I have a '68 hard-top mustang with a 351 Windsor engine and a C4 trans. Engine doesn't run and supposedly the transmission was OK when it was driving. But before I put money into it I want to know if there's even still enough left to warrant getting it running. My plan was to put a 200CI I-6 in it to be able to start moving it around and fix it up.

It would just be a daily driver, but I wanted it to at least somewhat be safe.

There are two steel U-beam looking things under the driver and passenger floor(presumably to support the floor pans, the original pans were rusted and cut out but I got weld-in replacements, pictures are with the replacements out) the passenger side was pretty gnarled but not dead yet, driverside was pretty much gone in the bottom of the U but it was only a 1 foot section on the driver's side that seems easily enough to weld in a new piece.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

And this car does have some sentimental value, I got it as a 'christmas present' a few years ago from a brother but haven't had time to mess with it until now. Also, that's 98% dirt on the inside, there's hardly any rust except for the headliner, at least from sitting-in perspective.

http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww351/jbarry45/