Sign in to follow this  
S code 69

New Mustangs , what do you think?

A local guy has a mint perfect 13,000 mile 2006 GT 5 spd he wants to sell at wholesale fast, I've never even sat in one and I hate to go drive it unless I'm serious.

Do you think a 6'2 230 lb guy would care to drive one very far? meaning are they comfortabe and roomy at all? I've never owned anything but old cars and full size pickups and I know a long road trip would seem real long in my classic cars. , I'm just wondering if I'd like it well enough that my wife wouldn't be the only one who'd drive it. kind of a dumb question but the whole car for the sole purpose of transportation thing is new to me.

You don't know if your serious untill you drive it so go take a good long test drive and see what you think. I drive my friends 07 GT/CS some and I love it. I'm 5'11" and about 220lbs and it fits me good but 6'2 may be a different story. I think you would be fine but that's my opinion. My friend that owns the 07 is over 6 feet tall with back trouble to boot and he never has said anything negative about the interior room.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

Interesting, I thought maybe they were more like a vette where looking cool was more important than function and comfort. I've just never considered buying a car for anything other than a toy so these questions have never crossed my mind.

I better check it out, it's dark blue with white srtipes, I wish it was that green like your golden lime color, to be honest I've never been a big fan of that color but it's my favorite on the new ones.

Interesting, I thought maybe they were more like a vette where looking cool was more important than function and comfort. I've just never considered buying a car for anything other than a toy so these questions have never crossed my mind.

I better check it out, it's dark blue with white srtipes, I wish it was that green like your golden lime color, to be honest I've never been a big fan of that color but it's my favorite on the new ones.

Lime Gold, code "I" I believe, looks great on classics and on new GT's!

I almost bought a Silver Jade 69 FB shell out of Texas last year... not as nice IMO, a little too close to teal, which I personally hate on any car.

My 69 Mach 1 is an original silver jade car, but I told the body shop to paint it gulfstream aqua because I like it so much better and it's pretty much teal. they haven't put any color on it yet, now and the I think about changing my mind on it .

I better check it out' date=' it's dark blue with white srtipes, I wish it was that green like your golden lime color, to be honest I've never been a big fan of that color but it's my favorite on the new ones.[/quote']

To be honest I always hated the color too but after a while it grows on you. I like mine now and when I ever get around to painting it, I'm sticking with the LimeGold color.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

My 69 Mach 1 is an original silver jade car, but I told the body shop to paint it gulfstream aqua because I like it so much better and it's pretty much teal. they haven't put any color on it yet, now and the I think about changing my mind on it .

If I had an original Mach 1 (or rarer) car I would keep it the original color. Otherwise I feel guilty. That's why I like the more common cars too... can do whatever I want. ;)

I'm 6'1 and have no problem in my 05.

Just a heads up though. Check the front edge of the hood for bubbles. Look at this thread HERE..... Believe it or not theses NEW cars have a corrosion issue...

Here's my S197....

Edited by flight96

Wow, I'll have to watch that, we don't use salt here so probably not an issue but if you're buying a used car you better know where it came from.

It's not a salt issue. It's manufacturing flaw. If you read that thread, the problem is just on the aluminum hoods. It's probably the way Ford is prepping the metal before paint. If you own an S197, keep an eye on the hood edges for bubbles.

headroom for you will likely not be an issue, but if you have kids or plan on stuffing anyone in the backseat it will be stifling for them, first there isn't a lot of headroom in the back and second with you being that tall you'll likely have the front seat pretty much touching the backseat when you drive so there will be no, none, nada legroom for anyone riding behind you.

if you're not worried about rear passenger confort then the stang will be a great car for you but if you need something slightly more inviting for passengers than you should look at the new challengers, they are supposed to be pretty comfy even for rear seat passengers

Yeah I like to drive mine with the front seat almost all the way back, it makes the back seat pretty much useless. However, if you are getting it just for fun, you can easily get a rear seat delete kit and cut down a good 40lbs I believe. I have just the v6 and even it has some good get up and go. I got mine in 06 and love it.

Agreed, 06 here with a v6 (supercharged) and I love it. I'm almost done modding it...... I say go sit in one or maybe even test drive one if you can and make the decision for yourself. If you do get it hit me up and I'll point you to some sites that will make you spend alot of money modding it..... :)

I've only had one time where I needed to use the back seats for actually carrying people and it was cramped for the 5'9ish ladies but we made it work.

Edited by bswor

not to steal the thread, but what supercharger did you go with bswor?

I had orginally purchased a procharger a year ago but never got to install it. I picked up a x-charger used with 500 miles on it for about half what they go for. I got the 10-11 psi pulley and its a blast. I can't wait to get the 69 going again and line em up :) The car is in paint again so I'll be posting some pics when its out probably friday.

In hindsight I would wait for a used gt motor combo to pop up and just switch the whole thing out. There's some great info over at mustangcollective.com on doing so. But I'm happy with what i got for now... :)

Ok Ending thread theivery now.

Do you think a 6'2 230 lb guy would care to drive one very far? meaning are they comfortabe and roomy at all?

I am 6' 2" tall at 235. I sat in and drove the pre 05 mustangs but my head hit the headliner enough to be very uncomfortable. Those vehicles were also narrower in the interior so it felt like riding elbow to elbow when you had a passenger.

I sat in the 05 when it first hit the showroom and i had plenty of headroom and noticed more interior room as well. I have to say that on a two hour trip to the coast, you are ready to get out. To me, the seat is uncomfortable for long trips. I love driving it though.