Sign in to follow this  
Darz

here we go...

yep. I made a door out of cardboard & the good 3m furnace filters, had 2 box fans surrounded by cardboard pulling the air from the garage ( thru the house ), wrapped the walls & ceiling in plastic, and grounded the car. very little dirt in the paint, all color sanded out with ease. thanks for the compliments all.

yep. I made a door out of cardboard & the good 3m furnace filters, had 2 box fans surrounded by cardboard pulling the air from the garage ( thru the house ), wrapped the walls & ceiling in plastic, and grounded the car. very little dirt in the paint, all color sanded out with ease. thanks for the compliments all.

just fei, I shot this car with a Craftsman HVLP gun for the primers using a 1.7 set, and shot the black & clear with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun, and it worked flawlessly. I had to pretty much shoot it all in the dark as the lighting was sub par with all the plastic hanging around. It turned out waaayy better than I ever imagined. A car buff from town told me it was equivalent to a 7000.00 job, I dont know if I would go that far, but it looks great for a garage job. So, if you have the time, do it yourself, but be patient with everything, as it will drive you to drink.

just fei, I shot this car with a Craftsman HVLP gun for the primers using a 1.7 set, and shot the black & clear with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun, and it worked flawlessly. I had to pretty much shoot it all in the dark as the lighting was sub par with all the plastic hanging around. It turned out waaayy better than I ever imagined. A car buff from town told me it was equivalent to a 7000.00 job, I dont know if I would go that far, but it looks great for a garage job. So, if you have the time, do it yourself, but be patient with everything, as it will drive you to drink.

nice job!! i'll second your recommendation on the SPI stuff. i switched over to SPI clear (i like the MS) & primers in the spring. the best thing about the clearcoat is the 30 day buffing window. the old clear i was using had a 48 hr window that REALLY shortened up in the summer. you also can't beat a tad over $100 per sprayable gallon of clear vs. almost $400 i was paying.

nice job!! i'll second your recommendation on the SPI stuff. i switched over to SPI clear (i like the MS) & primers in the spring. the best thing about the clearcoat is the 30 day buffing window. the old clear i was using had a 48 hr window that REALLY shortened up in the summer. you also can't beat a tad over $100 per sprayable gallon of clear vs. almost $400 i was paying.

just fei, I shot this car with a Craftsman HVLP gun for the primers using a 1.7 set, and shot the black & clear with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun, and it worked flawlessly.

Harbor Freight? Seriously? Your car looks great, you're a big inspiration to me because I'm gonna shoot my raven black convertible in the next month or two...can I ask what you've got for a compressor?

just fei, I shot this car with a Craftsman HVLP gun for the primers using a 1.7 set, and shot the black & clear with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun, and it worked flawlessly.

Harbor Freight? Seriously? Your car looks great, you're a big inspiration to me because I'm gonna shoot my raven black convertible in the next month or two...can I ask what you've got for a compressor?

Where in WI are you located ?? I am in central 45 miles west of Green Bay

I live near Madison, about 15 minutes east.

Thanks for all the compliments, it is appreciated.