Sign in to follow this  
flight96

New Ford Engine....

Niiiice! Just have those $$$$ ready when the old engines starts to flood the market. Mopar guys are picking up Dodge R5/P7 NASCAR engines dirt cheap after the introduction of the R6/P8.

hopefully this new pushrod motor will trickle into everyday ford engine designs and ford will finally get rid of the damn mod motor.....i hate that thing, mainly because it won't fit into our cars without major surgery that i don't want to do, maybe this design will fit without surgery and hopefully it will make it into mainstream production in some form. that would finally give ford something to compete against the LS motors with

Yeah, that would be killer with a firesale on used motors. I'd especially love the dry sumps on them, get the engine another 2½ in down. Anyone know if they'll fit a regular Windsor cam?

Edited by cphsonic

hopefully this new pushrod motor will trickle into everyday ford engine designs and ford will finally get rid of the damn mod motor.....i hate that thing, mainly because it won't fit into our cars without major surgery that i don't want to do, maybe this design will fit without surgery and hopefully it will make it into mainstream production in some form. that would finally give ford something to compete against the LS motors with

who cares about the mod motor, its expensive to mod and bolt ons get you know where. cams are over twice the price for half the power and until those new trick flow heads come out, they really are nowhere iwth out FI. IMHO.

who cares about the mod motor, its expensive to mod and bolt ons get you know where. cams are over twice the price for half the power and until those new trick flow heads come out, they really are nowhere iwth out FI. IMHO.[/quot

exactly my point, the mod motor sucks. this new nascar pushrod motor has potential for mainstream cars and trucks, ford desperately needs a new truck motor and a new performance rear wheel drive passenger car motor too. GM has been blowing ford away in the towing department with their trucks and they have like 4 or 5 engine options as oposed to Ford's 2 truck engines

Not to mention the fact that the 6cyl slated for the new Camaro has only 10hp less than the Mustangs newest V8 does. It's down right embarrising is what it is. I have been riding my Chevy friends asses for several years since the Camaro went away and I know payback is coming around the corner. Since the Camaro even looks better than the new Mustang IMHO it's going to get real ugly real fast.

found this on a truck site.... thanks to ccerniglia on ford truck enthusiasts site

Sorry for reviving this up. Just a heads up...about the new ford engine. It just happened that im looking for an engine swap but no idea what might be the characteristics i should for...anyone here has further experience with the same thing?