Sign in to follow this  
ETstang

Hood black-out

Need to paint the black-out section that came on the car when new - someone painted over it and I'd like to get it back to new

Anyone have the dimensions or a pattern for the correct area?

And yes - Merry Christmas to all

Thx

Dick

I just finished my 69 mach 1 and I bought the stencil from virginia mustang. Yes it comes in several pieces but that helps with installation. Mine was stick on adhesive so I don;t know wich company the other gentleman bought his from. It sticks to your color. Then spray your black. Let cure and remove the stick on stencil. At that point you will not be able to reuse it but it was well worth the $40.00 bucks to me and to be able to tell everyone I painted my stripes and they are not a decal. Good luck, just take you time and get a buddy to help line everything up, James the flame

lol.. i just taped mine out with 3m tape. it doesnt work so great to curve i would much rather work with masking tape but its not supposed to leave an edge.

i used a hot rod black to do it. its a real nice flat black. painted the hood black then taped off what i wanted black then painted teh rest red