Sign in to follow this  
jnet4jt

First resto, any advice

figured it out here's a link.  it idles a little high because it's cold and i don't have water going through it yet so i can't run it very long.  This is the second engine I've ever built and hopefully it lasts.  Running with ez efi, converted to roller lifters, rpm air gap, and rhs heads.  Sounds much better on the stereo or even better in person.  Mufflers are flow master super 40's cause they were cheap but good.  Smoke is just the paint on the headers.

Here's the link:

Sorry,  I don't know what happened to all the pictures.  I'll see if I can add them to my album.  

Quick update,

All the wiring for the lights are done and all the lights are installed and actually work! Actually all the wiring is done minus speaker wires.  Just need to buy some speaker wire and run something to the trunk for an amp.  I've been driving it around the neighborhood trying to get the refi just right.  Sunday I took it out on the road next to the house putting around in second at about 15 mph and decided to see what she would do if i opened her up for a second...gave her some gas and spun both tires through the whole gear, there was no traffic btw. Probably would have kept spinning in third but I'd rather not loose the her before I get it registered... Plus I wasn't sure how fast I was actually going (NVU electric speedo needs to be calibrated) and there's no windshield.  She kept pretty straight so I guess the yukon track-lic and rod and customs 4 link work well for now. 

Things left to do:

alignment

finish installing vintage air

get and install new front valance (old one got ran over...)

install headliner

install all interior panels

install all glass

get ready for power tour...