Sign in to follow this  
james the flame

installing mach 1 decals

My carshow is this weekend!!!!! I have had setbacks and am desperatly still trying to make the show. I blew power steering hoses,had heater hose leaks, can't stand my new exhaust system (will probably run open headers to the show) Had to repaint one fender. Anyway..... My question....I am fixing to put the decals down the sides and the trunk. Please help with anysuggestions and advice on how to do this correctly. You guys helped with every other stage of this build. I have been at it for 8 months!!!! Final decals, another test drive,and I am ready for this weekend!!! Please help with the decals. I have to be at the show Friday morning so I'm cutting this real close. I stayed up late last night and finished buffing out the fender. Thanks, James

My question....I am fixing to put the decals down the sides and the trunk. Please help with anysuggestions and advice on how to do this correctly.

James

Congrats, on finishing the car in time! Technically I have never installed these decals before, but I want to try and steer you in the right direction. Most people put the decals on incorrectly by asumming that the decal is supposed to be straight, when it is not.

The part of the decal that runs from the rear of the wheel opening to the rear marker light, should angle up towards the Marker light. Do a Google search to find the exact placement of the decal, probably one of the better known Mustang restorers would be able to answer the exact placement of the decal. Im going to guess that the part of the decal between the fenders should be 4"-4.5" from the crease along the body line, but that's just a guess.....good luck!

Ken