Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

The 2010 gets revealed tomorrow...........

For anyone who cares that is about what the next gen has in store for the stang community. Looks like Stangnet is there and doing a live twitter feed of it so if you can't wait for the Speed Channel special presentation next month then here's your chance:http://www.stangnet.com/2010-Ford-Mustang/

I'll have to wait to see the whole car from a variety of angles but I don't see anything ground breaking or unexpectedly mind blowing from the teaser pics so far. Pretty much what you expect as the "next 5 years" type of upgrades from any new model redesign. What I really want to know is where do we go from retro? Will that craze still be in demand by 2015? Does the mustang follow the same evolutionary course it did the first time? Becoming an econo ride to meet the needs of a still failing economy? A rebirth of the 80's chasing down thhe foreign market dollars? Or, gasp, finally a front wheel drive Ford Probe looking beast????? :huh:

The first part of your question is that they have to 'develop' as much as they 'retro'. I've gained a new appreciation of the 91-03 models.

As far as your 2015 question goes, I can't answer it for free when I could sell it to Ford for thousands. Got their number? All I know is that it won't be a Probe.

I'm kinda excited about it...

Edited by Truck

I can't answer it for free when I could sell it to Ford for thousands.

Yessiree, that there is something to surely keep secret, not every day that someone comes across a thousand dollar idea all right. Weeee dogggies!:whistling:

Lots of eye candy to see, still not sure how I feel though, I'll have to see it up close. Honestly I think most non-enthusiasts won't see much of a difference at all between current and new. Still not sure how I feel about the ass, that much is for sure. It looks like a combo of that Italian concept and the current one to me.

http://www.stangnet.com/2010-Ford-Mustang/2010-Mustang-Image-Gallery-081117.html

If things don't get going soon with the economy there will be no 2015 Mustang or Ford .:001_unsure: I have faith (hope) there will be though. The 2010 looks pretty slick. I often wonder the same thing about the future design. For the last few years everthing old is new again has been the norm. I would guess the new 2015 will be a totaly new, fresh design and I HOPE it's rear wheel drive.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

I'm not really feeling it either, or most of it anyway I should say. The interior looks much nicer and richer this time around, the grill is blah and the ass is horrible. It looks like they made the rear quarters more muscular like a 69' sportsroof so why not loose the side sculpt and add some scoops in there to complete the look, that would have been nice. What really bothers me is the V8 only has like 15 more HP than planned for the Camaro V6, what's up with that?

As a whole, I like it. I think Ford finally realized that they stopped making "real" Mustangs forty years ago, and they decided to move on. it looks like a 2010 car, but i don't like the hood though. It seems hard to see your corners.

Yessiree, that there is something to surely keep secret, not every day that someone comes across a thousand dollar idea all right. Weeee dogggies!:whistling:

Whattaya think, I should call the CEO or FORD and ask for 25B to save his company?!?!?

For $5000-I can fix the place for years in less than a minute.