Sign in to follow this  
JPZ

'69 DLX vert project....

Hello,

I'm new here, but not to Mustangs (have '65 and '66 coupes)...But I recently picked up a '69 CV w/deluxe interior. I will be getting tuned in to '69's here, so thanks to all for sharing info and knowledge !

It will be a fairly straight forward project, as it is very clean body wise (I'm in NV.- car from CA.) it was stored for 20 odd yrs and has 51k orig. mi. 351w, 2bbl./FMX, tilt, rimblow, ps, pdb. Winter blue with black top w/split glass, and blk deluxe interior. Looks to be all very original (still wearing the original muffler!) Former owner backed a boat trailer into the driver door, but I will try to save it. Sadly the top and back glass are not in good shape and a number of pieces and the interior will need some replacement, but all in all I'm quite happy to have picked it up for $2k !! Marti report shows it 1 of 22. I will be trying to use as many NOS parts as poss. and keep it stock. (maybe some magnum 500's though)..... Also, I plan to drive it a lot and was wondering if I should do an AOD swap - refurbish the FMX and store it away - I think it is a completely 'bolt-in' swap (??) Any comments ??? - I did an AOD swap on my '66 w/302 power and I like that OD.

I have one question at the moment:

Is the black instrument panel and black pass. side without clock correct or did someone remove the woodgrain items ? It has the woodgrain door panel inserts and everything else looks right- but again I'm not yet familiar w/'69's.

I'll try to get some pics up down the road a bit.

Thanks- JPZ

Ahh...You and I are on the same road....Good luck !! Hopefully we can help each other. As for you question, they did come factory without the clock. My 70 had a rectangle clock space. It didn't have the clock just the plate for the clock if you decided to put one in. In 69 they just gave you the blank panel.Believe it or not, it's quit rare.

Good luck !!! And post some pics !

sounds like you have the fairly rare Decor interior which included the woodgrain deluxe door panels and comfortweave seats but the standard black dash panels. the Deluxe interior Decor option got the woodgrained dash panels as well.

in 69 there are 4 possible options for the passenger side dash piece, 2 standard and 2 deluxe options; standard plain non clock without map light, and the standard map light panel with or without rectangular clock (same panel but the non clock version used a block off plate with a running horse emblem, but both had the map light installed), deluxe woodgrain clock (round clock) panel and deluxe woodgrain non clock panel (it's also noteworthy that both deluxe woodgrain panels came with the map light provisions stamped out but not all actually came with the map light)

sounds like you have a nice project there, post up some pics when you get a chance