Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

69 6cyl CV

That's a sharp car and it sounds like a survivor (even if the paint color isn't one Ford offered in 1969). It'd make a nice weekend cruiser if you didn't mind the 6-cylinder. It'd be kind of a shame to mess with such an original car by putting a V8 in her.

Intersting that it is originally a Gulfstream Aqua car, I think it needs a real good check over though, that last pic shows severe rust and I doubt it was confined to just that area. Also, the use of patch panels everywhere and the giant circular holes cut into the shock towers to reach the grease zerks indicate to me a series of shoddy mechanical maintenance and upkeep over the years. A bigger shame would be buying it and then having to dump 20k in repairs and paint into a 6cyl low value car.

I don't think it is quite the survivor he claims it to be. My car was a 2 owner 46,000 mile truly rust free V8 survivor car and it did not have the kind of wear this car is showing is some spots.