Sign in to follow this  
bswor

I need a chop of sorts done (color change)

Lookin good ben. So they had to repaint all the yellow too???

I'm not sure that they had to repaint all of the yellow. But they definetly had to repaint the passenger door and the back fender on the drivers side. I'm guessing that the lower 1/4th of the car did not have to be painted which is why I still have my mustang stripe. The rear bumper had to be reshot as well as the front bumpers. I'll have to ask him what all he had to do. Bad news is that I'm not getting my car back today after all. So it looks like tommorow.

I'm not sure that they had to repaint all of the yellow. But they definetly had to repaint the passenger door and the back fender on the drivers side. I'm guessing that the lower 1/4th of the car did not have to be painted which is why I still have my mustang stripe. The rear bumper had to be reshot as well as the front bumpers. I'll have to ask him what all he had to do. Bad news is that I'm not getting my car back today after all. So it looks like tommorow.

One last thing I'd like to see you do is actually replace that Mustang Stripe with a real 3 bar GT type stripe. If I was buying a six I would have to special order it without that stripe, I just think it looks aweful.

I kind of want to keep it for the sleeper feel. (I'll explain this in about a month heh heh) What gt stripe are you referring to?

The one used originally from 65 to 69 on the GT models that somehow ended up transferring to a V6 identity stripe for some strange reason.

Oh ok I know what your talking about now. Just for kicks here's some more stripe ideas. Only problem now would be that my stripes have been clear coated over now.

http://www.2005-mustang.com/

Yes that would present a problem, I like what they call "solid GT stripe" much better still, some of the options they have are pretty ugly I must say, I don't like their flair (you wanna see my flair?:tongue_smilie:). If they cleared over your tape on stripes though I have to believe you will have an issue down the road anyway with some flaking and peeling.

Got the car back today but there's no sunshine so I cant show the flake/pearl that's been added. You can only see it in direct sunlight. Anywho here's some more bad pics with my iphone. I'll break out the digi when we get some sun.

Looks good, definitely changes the character of the car completely.

Now get back to spending your time and money on the real stang instead of this DD.:whistling:

BTW, nicey safety measure blocking out the license plate. It's one thing to let all the people that live around you and everywhere you drive to see it, but god forbid that someone 9 states or two countries away online knows what it is, that could compromise things.:blink:

Well my personal plate says "Pakrat" on it and I thought you get angry....

Heck no, that's like having my own personal body double with a bullseye on his back, I encourage it, takes the attention of the drive by shooters away from me.:tongue_smilie:

Seriously though, I never understood the whole block out the plate number thing, I know alot of folks do it but I can't see the purpose.

Heck no, that's like having my own personal body double with a bullseye on his back, I encourage it, takes the attention of the drive by shooters away from me.:tongue_smilie:

Seriously though, I never understood the whole block out the plate number thing, I know alot of folks do it but I can't see the purpose.

i've heard that thieves like to target cars in other states and leaving the license plate visible makes it easier to track them down through the DMV, then they drive into town for a day or two, steal your car hide it in their trailer and drive on back home to part it out and steal it's guts or just swap the vin from a junker and resell it 5 states away or some shit. i'm not too worried about because dog barks at everything and everyone that sets foot in our yard and has woken me up hundreds of times in the middle of the night when people down the street throw a party and someone just parks their car on the other side of the street from us, much less someone actually walking into the yard or the driveway. he scares the shit of the poor mailman every single day and has actually broken windows to get to him, luckily the windows are too small for him to get through but it was enough for him to poke his head out for sure

Yep that's one reason. I'm not to worried about on a newer car like this one but I'd surely block out the 69 IF it had plates on it.

Offtopic: HOLY CRAP do you realize how many posts the two of you have on this site! You make me feel like I'm not doing my job with a meager 2k posts.

Yep that's one reason. I'm not to worried about on a newer car like this one but I'd surely block out the 69 IF it had plates on it.

Offtopic: HOLY CRAP do you realize how many posts the two of you have on this site! You make me feel like I'm not doing my job with a meager 2k posts.

this is pretty much the only place either of really spends any amount of time, of course we do both hit stangnet a little and i hit the cougar forum, corner-carvers and the P-T site a little but for the most part this is home.

besides Pak and i don't really have lives much anymore so we both spend a lot of time here, well Pak has a bit more of a life again now that he's working again but for a while there i thought he was gonna blow my post count away, he almost caught up with real quick while he was playing mr. mom

LOL, that's true, I try to spend as much time as I can pretending to work and coming here instead though. I honestly never really looked at it or thought about until you just said something though Ben, I guess more than double is pretty high considering you not only own the place but have a whole year on me too. I'd be shocked if anyone had more than B though.

As for the whole plate thing though, if they are gonna go through all that trouble then I guess they can have it as it seems like a whole lot of up front expense to me for an unsure thing.