Sign in to follow this  
bswor

I need a chop of sorts done (color change)

With the recent paint damage to my 06 mustang I've been looking at some paint / stripe ideas. I was wondering if anyone could change the lower portion (the orange) of this foose model stang to screaming yellow for me :)

If you need a source for the yellow here is a pic of my car. The foose picture is attatched.

boydjunkyards.sized.jpg

Haha yeh that does scream a little to much but it does give me an idea. Um well I'm about to go talk to my paint guy and see what he says money wise. Then I'll contemplate front changes. But it is very possible. Thanks.

Edit: I've already got the check from state farm and it looks doable. So we shall see. I was originally thinking stripes but that's been done and done.

Paint guy says we start in about 2 weeks and first thing out of his mouth was two tone also. And doing a double pinstripe to break it up. Yellow pinstripe between the black paint and the black pinstripe. And looks like i will have to buy some painted GT mirrors since the v6 ones are non painted with a plastic finish.

Pak i'm going to try to find you a better picture to work with so I can print the finished work of yours out and show the paint guy, he really loves this type of stuff. He mainly see's wrecked cars all day.

Edited by bswor

The only thing I'm looking at doing that would be extra is changing the front fascia possibly or just adding a billet grille and front spoiler. I'm undecided.

I do need to work on my 69 but for the most part I have everything to finish it. Getting it done especially right now without the work space etc that I used to have is another thing. So the couple of hundred I have to come out of pocket for on the 06 is not really an issue for the 69. However there should be some progress on it in the next few months.

LOL pak. Well instead of changing the front fascia I'm adding a billet grille upper and lower and I need some paint-able mirrors so I found some that have directional Led turn signals in them. They look really sharp. I decided against the fascia for two reasons. A) Louisiana roads would probably trash it. B) Price and added cost for paint etc.

Hopefully it all turns out tastefully. :)

Well after some complications, my car is off to the shop. It should be done and ready to go by next Wednesday or Thursday.

Might add some pearl to the paint as well. Paint guy is going to shoot me some test panels to see what we like best. Woohoo.

Cool, keep us posted and good luck.

FYI: as a rule of thumb, not always a good idea to use words like guy, shoot, pearl all in the same sentence. I'll let you off the hook this time but if you had also thrown in the word necklace somewhere I may not have been able to restrain myself.:tongue_smilie:

Ok update finally. The car has been painted and is looking good. I got to see it today, they had to redo it since the yellow pinstripe did not look right with the combo. But if all goes as planned I'll have it back Monday afternoon. Um they did a 3 stage paint job? But basically there's a little pearl and flake added to the yellow and black. You can only see it in direct light but it looks pretty cool. Bumpers etc are not on yet so I haven't seen the final product yet. Looking good tho! Thanks for the half chop pak :)