Sign in to follow this  
GT350

69 s code coupe value?

Found a 69 s code coupe yellow with white deluxe interior black vinyl roof missing engine but solid otherwise what do you guys think its worth,its over here in u.k.Anyone know how many were made? thanks javed

photo00021.jpg

Colored keyed mirrors were an option on the GT. I ran across a bunch of GT's in the search for my car that had the chrome mirrors. I found that most of those were coupes and convertibles. The fastbacks I found seemed to have the color keyed mirrors. I would love to see the numbers on GT's in each body style that came with chrome mirrors versus the color keyed mirrors.

yep, sport mirrors were optional, but all had remote drivers mirror, either in standard chrome or color keyed sport versions, my car came with the standard chrome drivers remote mirror, i added the sport mirrors doing the resto.

i were to do it again, i might actually go with the standard chrome mirror but also add a matching passenger side mirror, which wasn't available in 69 (or was optional if it was), just to be different.

i think i'm going to go with the 68 Cougar XR7-G style mirrors on my cougar, which were similar to the Talbot jr mirrors but had a driver side remote but i may do a remote on both doors, again just to be different. then again i may just go with the sport mirrors too since they are a ton of $$$$ cheaper

Found a 69 s code coupe yellow with white deluxe interior black vinyl roof missing engine but solid otherwise what do you guys think its worth,its over here in u.k.Anyone know how many were made? thanks javed

Engine missing = no code. Unless you have a 390 in your pocket, the value of the car is pretty much nil. Even though it has a high rarity value, that just adds to the cost of a 'proper resto'. I'd go as high as 3500 USD...but not much more. Looks like the e-brake is gone, as well. You can tell the guy you'd offer more if it were intact.

Engine missing = no code. Unless you have a 390 in your pocket, the value of the car is pretty much nil. Even though it has a high rarity value, that just adds to the cost of a 'proper resto'. I'd go as high as 3500 USD...but not much more. Looks like the e-brake is gone, as well. You can tell the guy you'd offer more if it were intact.

390s are painfully easy to find

Colored keyed mirrors were an option on the GT. I ran across a bunch of GT's in the search for my car that had the chrome mirrors. I found that most of those were coupes and convertibles. The fastbacks I found seemed to have the color keyed mirrors. I would love to see the numbers on GT's in each body style that came with chrome mirrors versus the color keyed mirrors.

Weird, my coupe has the color-keyed, but it's not a GT, as far as I know. Do you know anything about the numbers of each type that had those type mirrors?

Max-My point was that the seller can't claim an "s-code" without an engine. I know people have a lot of differing opinions about the 390, but if it's not there, you either have to get one, or "replace" it with something else. So whatever it was originally isn't that big a factor. (Look at the 428 FallujahMedic was looking at that had the 302 in it.)

Weird, my coupe has the color-keyed, but it's not a GT, as far as I know. Do you know anything about the numbers of each type that had those type mirrors?

Max-My point was that the seller can't claim an "s-code" without an engine. I know people have a lot of differing opinions about the 390, but if it's not there, you either have to get one, or "replace" it with something else. So whatever it was originally isn't that big a factor. (Look at the 428 FallujahMedic was looking at that had the 302 in it.)

the sport mirrors were optional on just about any 69 mustang and standard on Mach 1 and Grande so there were a ton of 69's built with them, not just the Gt cars.

and actually you're point about the engine is totally wrong. an S-code car with no motor or even an R-code drag pak SCJ car that now has a 250 six banger, the engine code in the VIN still denotes the car as an S code or an R-code car regardless of what the current motor is or if it even has one at all.

obviously the value drops considerably if it's a big block coded car with a small block or no engine at all. the value would drop less if it was an M code car with a 302 or an F code car with no motor at all though, but it would still effect the price a car could bring in any case. but the main point is that VIN will always indicate what engine the car was born with and that's what really matters

Ok, let's try this one...A car is born with an engine code (which is important) once the 'original' engine is gone, the buyer has few options-either replace with another engine of the 'original' type, replace with smaller type, replace with larger type. If your rebuilder chooses the middle option, you're rebuild will cost more. That is, a car that once had an R-code is more costly to do a 'like original restoration' than an F-code. Not all guys are into 'like original'-but it's a baseline to start with.

Ok, let's try this one...A car is born with an engine code (which is important) once the 'original' engine is gone, the buyer has few options-either replace with another engine of the 'original' type, replace with smaller type, replace with larger type. If your rebuilder chooses the middle option, you're rebuild will cost more. That is, a car that once had an R-code is more costly to do a 'like original restoration' than an F-code. Not all guys are into 'like original'-but it's a baseline to start with.

that's confusing. are you saying that when the car is rebuilt and the owner changes the engine to something other than the car's original engine type, displacement and engine family that the car is somehow no longer an R or F code (whichever the case may be) car any longer?

for example; are you saying that an M-code 351 4v car that has had the M-code engine replaced with ,say a 302 2v is now no longer an M-code car?

if so, then you are dead wrong. the car is still an M-code 351 4v car but with an incorrect 302 2v engine.

even if it was an M-code 69 mach 1 with a 351 4v windsor and someone replaced the 4v windsor with a, correct for 70, M-code 351 cleveland 4v engine it is still an M-code mach with an incorrect 351 cleveland.

another example, i have a friend that has a 69 Boss 302 he is restoring but the original engine is long gone and he plans to build a new motor for it using one of the new ford racing Boss 302 blocks and a set of E'brock performer RPM cleveland heads and the original Bos 302 intake and dressing it out like a correct Boss 302 engine. the car is still a Boss 302 but it is also still a Boss 302 with an incorrect engine. even though it is still basically a Boss 302 engine it isn't an original and correct Boss 302 engine but it is more correct than a generic 302 block with 351c heads and an E'brock or B&A style intake. if he could find an original 69,70 or replacement 71 Boss 302 engine the car would then be a correct Boss 302 once again but with a replacement style engine which would hurt the value slightly but not signicantly. in any case the car is still a Boss 302 regardless of what engine it has, even it was a 250 six banger the car would still be a Boss 302 and be worthy or restoring.

Forget the engines, strip them all down to nothing and line up 5 exact same condition sportroof bodies, all cleaned and primerd and all from the same manufacturing plants, the only difference aside from the production number is the engine codes T, F, M, S, and R. They are not of equal value, heck they aren't even attracting the same customers. The likely attracted customer swings from Modified to Concourse left to right and the middle is anyones game. In the end it isn't impossible that someone building a monster restomod out of the T code won't sink as much cash into it as would go into correctly restoring the R and with todays market both could potentially see the same return of investment but in the long run the R is safer money and always will be.

There will always be an oddball in between to throw the curve but not likely since neither is a wise investment. The R would still be less not wise though if it was currently a 6cyl then a correctly restored T was at any price.

Forget the engines, strip them all down to nothing and line up 5 exact same condition sportroof bodies, all cleaned and primerd and all from the same manufacturing plants, the only difference aside from the production number is the engine codes T, F, M, S, and R. They are not of equal value, heck they aren't even attracting the same customers. The likely attracted customer swings from Modified to Concourse left to right and the middle is anyones game. In the end it isn't impossible that someone building a monster restomod out of the T code won't sink as much cash into it as would go into correctly restoring the R and with todays market both could potentially see the same return of investment but in the long run the R is safer money and always will be.

There will always be an oddball in between to throw the curve but not likely since neither is a wise investment. The R would still be less not wise though if it was currently a 6cyl then a correctly restored T was at any price.

exactly my point brother from another mother!!!!!!

semantic differences.

Yes, the car would technically, be "a Boss 302 with incorrect 250 engine." But, in actuality, it will never be a Boss again without a 302 block, Cleveland heads, manifold, et al.

The thing about this game, in my exp, is finding the line between past, present, future in this steel. Yes, it was a Boss in the past, presently, it is nothing, in the future it will be...?

I just saw this post..................silly. A 69/70 Ford bucked and numbered with a G or a Z is a Boss just like my R code GT coupe is an R code with the motor sitting in the corner of the shop. A hell of a lot of money is paid for the G or Z or R and even less for an S, but it is still S code car and it has great value regardless where the motor is.

I just saw this post..................silly. A 69/70 Ford bucked and numbered with a G or a Z is a Boss just like my R code GT coupe is an R code with the motor sitting in the corner of the shop. A hell of a lot of money is paid for the G or Z or R and even less for an S, but it is still S code car and it has great value regardless where the motor is.

exactly my point, it's worth less without the original motor but it's still worth more than a comparable car with a lesser motor code.