Sign in to follow this  
bswor

Gustav is a bastard

I know its been a minute since I posted anything but that's because there has not been any progress on my car for the most part.

We just got power back about 30 minutes ago and I'm glad the website is still in one piece :tongue_smilie:

Anywho, we faired pretty well. Except that I have 2 portable type garages that I keep my cars in since I moved about a year ago. Both of which are anchored into the concrete. But that did not seem to matter, the winds ripped them both up and slung them into some trees a few hundred feet away. In the process of this it scratched the paint on the 69 which I'm actually not to worried about, but it also got my 06. So I'm going to have to see what the insurance company does.

Thankfully my fenders and other 69 parts alll appear to still be there. I'm suprised they didnt fly off to.

Yea, glad you guys faired well. I got some good freinds in Ville Platte, I know that damn thing went right over them, have not heard any bad news! they own a drive thru and a loan office.

Maybe you been to Gators?

Yep could have been alot worse and if a few scratches on my car is all I have to complain about then I count myself lucky. Might give me an excuse to have my local paint guy add a little something to the mustang.

i went through a few of them when i lived in Corpus and Houston, the last one which was Alicia knocked out power for almost a week, dropped a tree on my little sisters bedroom and my moms 82 caprice estate wagon which was parked where i normally parked the stang, we only moved it into the garage because of the hurricane, if we hadn't it would have been crushed, scrapped and then really crushed since it didn't have insurance at that time. damage to the wagon was bad but the insurance paid to fix it rather than total it, they replaced the entire front clip and repainted the whole car but that's about it. damage to the house was relatively minor, mostly just a bunch of shingles and a 2' square hole and no one was hurt, but my sister was scared out of her mind, she was only 5 or 6 at the time. if it hadn't been for the damn tree i would have slept through it all and i almost went back to sleep except that mom and dad came running up stairs and started yelling for all of us to go downstairs....dammit, i just wanted to go back to sleep. i do remember the windows in my room "breathing" in and out about 1" or so though, which was pretty disconcerting