Sign in to follow this  
EastYorkStang

Under my Dash

Can't tell wo seeing the connector type or better pictures of the connector.

1st guess - Could be an antenna amp? Are there wires going from the box to the fuse block?

2nd guess - Noise filter?

Need to see the connector shot first......

Cruise control. There should be more parts under the hood but they may have been removed. I am not sure if it was a factory option on a mustang but I am sure it could be a dealer add-on.

Mike

If it was for cruise I think (not sure) the vaccum canister would be inbetween the inner and outer fender, probably passenger side.

My first guess was also going to be some type of noise filter/signal booster type of aftermarket thing, maybe even CB but cruise sounds like as ghood of a guess as any.

I already have the vacuum canister on the pass. side. I was told it was for my air conditioning? Could it be used for both?

I was referring to the canister that would control the throttle though. Or how would the throttle be manipulated?

although the cruise control used the same speed sensor (part that speedo cable attaches to) this is actually for some type of emissions part, it senses the speed of the car and the box will retard the ignition timing. this is most often seen on 70 models and may be part of the Imco emissions system. the sensors are good to have if you plan on adding cruise control or you could get a few bucks for it on ebay.

the exact function and name of the system those parts go with escapes me but i'm fairly sure it was part of the imco emissions for california cars, though i've seen it on some non cali cars as well. to teh best of my knowledge it works as i've described it.

If it was for cruise I think (not sure) the vaccum canister would be inbetween the inner and outer fender, probably passenger side.

My first guess was also going to be some type of noise filter/signal booster type of aftermarket thing, maybe even CB but cruise sounds like as ghood of a guess as any.

the vacuum canister should be there anyway and it should just be or anything that pulls a vacuum such as opening ac vents and stuff but actually im not sure if thats how they open on a 69..its how it works on my 95 cobra