Sign in to follow this  
elgrande

Before and After Photos

You did great on that car, I'm going to be honest with you, I just got my 1969 Mustang Grande and I have only begun to do work on it.

Your car is great. I love the color dude. Can't tell in the photo, but what type of '69 is it?

MACE: LOL, you too.

70-Droptop: if you mean the silver stuff that is actually just the layer of heat shielding, the sound deadening material is actually beneath that and not visible in this pic. The heat shield does actually provide some sound barrier as well though as a side benefit. http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/Car-and-tech-pics/Interior_003

ya know Cheo, i hate to say it, but i think i almost like the original engine bay vs the new one, i do like most of what you've done but the red accents throw it off an make it look cluttered to my eye, now if the blue parts were either black or red, black would look better i think then it would be a whole different story. then again you're probably like me and don't particulary care what other people think about your ride so it probably doesn't matter at all, just giving my opinion.

ya know Cheo, i hate to say it, but i think i almost like the original engine bay vs the new one, i do like most of what you've done but the red accents throw it off an make it look cluttered to my eye, now if the blue parts were either black or red, black would look better i think then it would be a whole different story. then again you're probably like me and don't particulary care what other people think about your ride so it probably doesn't matter at all, just giving my opinion.

Well there's no going back since his old valve covers are now my new valve covers, of course they are blue and polished now anyway. One man's trash is another mans treasure.

BTW Cheo, my eye likes the red especially after you add the red GT stripe but I can't argue that a black block would look even better.

Always value your opinion "B" so don't hate to say it :). I'm going to try an PS the block black and see how that looks, thanks.

Here some b4 and after of the Hunting Dog.

Before:

th_14098_resto1.jpg th_14099_resto3.jpg

After (work in progress):

th_2007_0829_123541.jpg th_IMG_0609_edited-1.jpg th_2007_0829_123419.jpg

what you did with the sides. The scoops look really nice, original looking. Was your car originally a Grande or a regular Coupe.

Always value your opinion "B" so don't hate to say it :). I'm going to try an PS the block black and see how that looks, thanks.

i like to help but i know that sometimes causes you and others more work....:whistling:

i did mine pretty stock looking like a 69 shelby would be except with my ford racing valve covers painted blue with polished fins, otherwise it's almost identical to a correct shelby engine bay

My before picture looks good from 20 feet, but as you got closer, I had rust bubbles on every panel that was metal. After scraping 7 coats of paint and tons of bondo, cutting bad patches out, It's painted and has a new 392 Ford Racing engine, Classic Auto Air, new glass, stainless,and chrome. It's running, but I'm still having issues with a hydraulic clutch. Hope to be rolling soon.

Pak, I like your color change. I'm sure we'll get together at a car show next spring. I plan on putting alot of miles on it next season.

Tom

Pak, I like your color change. I'm sure we'll get together at a car show next spring. I plan on putting alot of miles on it next season.

Tom

Hey thanks, it took me long enough to settle on and I still second guess it from time to time (picking a new paint color really should be more fun). I echo that sentiment, I don't plan to miss another season no matter what it takes.