Sign in to follow this  
Topless69GT

69 GT Convertible update

It is Acapulco blue. I did a color change on the car. It was a Royal Maroon car from the factory. The person doing my car restored a 70 Cougar XR7 convertible (428CJ car with A/C) and painted it that color and I loved it.

It is Acapulco blue. I did a color change on the car. It was a Royal Maroon car from the factory. The person doing my car restored a 70 Cougar XR7 convertible (428CJ car with A/C) and painted it that color and I loved it.

my favorite color ever. i'll be painting my 69 cougar that color too, of course the stang is already that color

My car is getting really close to hitting the road. Just some final finish stuff on the interior and a return trip to the body shop for some touch up and then the rocker stripes. I would attach some photos but I can't figure out how to do that.

I'm really glad to hear it. Another vert on the road, and a GT to boot. I love the acapulco blue, too, although my dad had a royal maroon '69 vert back in the 70's and that was a sharp color, too. Post some pics soon.