Sign in to follow this  
cramer

My New Seats

Wow, dude, they look good.

Personally, I'm one of those folks that finds the stock seats completely comfortable (probably because I'm smallish and never weigh in at more than a buck-fifty even after the holiday seasons), but I love seeing people do stuff like this.

Good job!

Wow, dude, they look good.

Personally, I'm one of those folks that finds the stock seats completely comfortable (probably because I'm smallish and never weigh in at more than a buck-fifty even after the holiday seasons), but I love seeing people do stuff like this.

Good job!

They look nice so if they fit well and are comfortable then great, if you got a good deal on them even better. For me they just don't have enough side bolster though, looks just slightly more than stock in fact. When I decided to go more modern the amount of bolster was a big factor, I don't like the honkin big ones on the procar seats but I wanted enough to feel more secure in the corners.

They look nice so if they fit well and are comfortable then great, if you got a good deal on them even better. For me they just don't have enough side bolster though, looks just slightly more than stock in fact. When I decided to go more modern the amount of bolster was a big factor, I don't like the honkin big ones on the procar seats but I wanted enough to feel more secure in the corners.

I'm with Scott on this - the stock seats are really fine with me. I weigh in around 170 and am "compact" so the stockers feel real good. A buddy who's 6'2" is constantly squirming around in the passenger seat - and not because of my driving! As Pak points out alot of the aftermarket seats have way too much side bolster. Feels like I'm getting a continuous punch in the kidneys....

Marc - they look fine but a bit importish IMO and cloth is not my favorite. Are you going to recover them or leave them as is?

I'm with Scott on this - the stock seats are really fine with me. I weigh in around 170 and am "compact" so the stockers feel real good. A buddy who's 6'2" is constantly squirming around in the passenger seat - and not because of my driving! As Pak points out alot of the aftermarket seats have way too much side bolster. Feels like I'm getting a continuous punch in the kidneys....

Marc - they look fine but a bit importish IMO and cloth is not my favorite. Are you going to recover them or leave them as is?

Thanks for the input everybody....

Basically I went with them because my original stock seats were done in.

Rusted and needed reupholstered along with new seat cushions.

Money is always tight, read family size of 7 with a single income, and I wanted to "fix" my seats but the cost for the tools, upholstery etc. made this out of my range for a long time coming, as I have so much other stuff to do on the car and so little amount of money available. So I started looking at seats and I liked the way these felt and looked and decided to go with them as the price worked out perfect.

Reupholster them?

No, because if I could afford that I could afford to do the original ones with the new padding etc.

Marc Cramer

Thanks for the input everybody....

Basically I went with them because my original stock seats were done in.

Rusted and needed reupholstered along with new seat cushions.

Money is always tight, read family size of 7 with a single income, and I wanted to "fix" my seats but the cost for the tools, upholstery etc. made this out of my range for a long time coming, as I have so much other stuff to do on the car and so little amount of money available. So I started looking at seats and I liked the way these felt and looked and decided to go with them as the price worked out perfect.

Reupholster them?

No, because if I could afford that I could afford to do the original ones with the new padding etc.

Marc Cramer

Marc - hopefully you didn't think I was too critical. They look like they will fit and blend in just fine.

How hard was it to get the rails to match up? I was looking at some of the Pro-street type racing seats and just by eying them thought the rail matchup was going to be a bear.

Marc - hopefully you didn't think I was too critical. They look like they will fit and blend in just fine.

How hard was it to get the rails to match up? I was looking at some of the Pro-street type racing seats and just by eying them thought the rail matchup was going to be a bear.

Hello,

No worries...

Just had to drill 2 holes per seat since I had to move one of the tracks inward.

Marc

Hello,

No worries...

Just had to drill 2 holes per seat since I had to move one of the tracks inward.

Marc