Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

Hood Scoop from Hell!

This was a nice car at one time during it's life. Questions is, who in his right mind spent the 750.00 on a bucket of resin and came up with the scoop?

Better yet, could this once proud Shelby be brought back to life?? Heck is it a real Shelby??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1969-Shelby-GT500-SuperStreet-Convertible-CLONE_W0QQitemZ300248863659QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300248863659&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A7&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1308

This was a nice car at one time during it's life. Questions is, who in his right mind spent the 750.00 on a bucket of resin and came up with the scoop?

Better yet, could this once proud Shelby be brought back to life?? Heck is it a real Shelby??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1969-Shelby-GT500-SuperStreet-Convertible-CLONE_W0QQitemZ300248863659QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300248863659&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A7&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1308

ya know if i was building a retro cafe racer/canyon carver that would be a good candidate, except for the hood. i'd either ditch the blower or just stick it out through a hole in the hood....or use a modified L-88 scoop on top of the shelby hood like they would have done back in the day...more likely i'd just ditch the blower.

this one definitely falls into the "Street Freak" class

ya know if i was building a retro cafe racer/canyon carver that would be a good candidate, except for the hood. i'd either ditch the blower or just stick it out through a hole in the hood....or use a modified L-88 scoop on top of the shelby hood like they would have done back in the day...more likely i'd just ditch the blower.

this one definitely falls into the "Street Freak" class

I can't believe the timing of this thread, I must be the luckiest guy ever. I finally got to spend some time in the garage this weekend and did a few bolt on mods. Well, you know how easy it is to get carried away once you get going and, well, I guess I just didn't think enough ahead about the hood clearance because I can't seem to close it now. I thought opening up the hood under the stock scoop woul dbe enough but it wasn't even close. A custom scoop like this could just be the key though, thanks Reese!!!!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3424&d=1218479217

Seriously though, did Elaine Benes write this listing or what? If he want's to hit that $26,000 reserve he's going to have to use a few more exclamation points.

I have a car!!! It is for sale!!!!! It has tires!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the timing of this thread, I must be the luckiest guy ever. I finally got to spend some time in the garage this weekend and did a few bolt on mods. Well, you know how easy it is to get carried away once you get going and, well, I guess I just didn't think enough ahead about the hood clearance because I can't seem to close it now. I thought opening up the hood under the stock scoop woul dbe enough but it wasn't even close. A custom scoop like this could just be the key though, thanks Reese!!!!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3424&d=1218479217

Seriously though, did Elaine Benes write this listing or what? If he want's to hit that $26,000 reserve he's going to have to use a few more exclamation points.

I have a car!!! It is for sale!!!!! It has tires!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd still have some room under that scoop.

Seriously, I love how it doesn't even have the engine to go under that thing. Either it's the famous "Scoop-over-scoop" design, or just a basic turkey roaster. I bet you can leave it on 15min/lb on a 302, or 7 min/lb for BBF.

You'd still have some room under that scoop.

Seriously, I love how it doesn't even have the engine to go under that thing. Either it's the famous "Scoop-over-scoop" design, or just a basic turkey roaster. I bet you can leave it on 15min/lb on a 302, or 7 min/lb for BBF.