Sign in to follow this  
69mustang351W

adjusting the side windows

What specific problem are you having? In and out tilt, front to back tilt, going up too far or not far enough or window needs be moved forward or backward to fit right???? The Mustang Monthly articles are generally good but not very detailed since there is more to adjustment than in and outward tilt. In addition to the two tubular guide adjustments talked about in the article, there is a rear window stop, a front window stop and one more for sliding the window forward or rearward. These have been a real challenge for me. I hope you have better luck.

What specific problem are you having? In and out tilt, front to back tilt, going up too far or not far enough or window needs be moved forward or backward to fit right???? The Mustang Monthly articles are generally good but not very detailed since there is more to adjustment than in and outward tilt. In addition to the two tubular guide adjustments talked about in the article, there is a rear window stop, a front window stop and one more for sliding the window forward or rearward. These have been a real challenge for me. I hope you have better luck.

You can move them in and out at the top with the slide rod bolts at the bottom of the doors. They will move front or to the rear and lastly you can relocate them up or down.

Same with the quarter glass. Just get you some help and print the article. Then go get a Bucket full of patience.

WARNING don't over tighten the aluminum slides that wrap aroung the slide bars, they will strip easly! Woa, then your on ebay buying ones that may have been stripped to!

Go to any search engine and search for 69 /70 mustang window. the more you read and see pics will help you understand the system. I believe CJS Pony parts has a tech artical also?

Good luck on the full bucket!

You can move them in and out at the top with the slide rod bolts at the bottom of the doors. They will move front or to the rear and lastly you can relocate them up or down.

Same with the quarter glass. Just get you some help and print the article. Then go get a Bucket full of patience.

WARNING don't over tighten the aluminum slides that wrap aroung the slide bars, they will strip easly! Woa, then your on ebay buying ones that may have been stripped to!

Go to any search engine and search for 69 /70 mustang window. the more you read and see pics will help you understand the system. I believe CJS Pony parts has a tech artical also?

Good luck on the full bucket!

well, I got it done, but it isnt pefect. When I take the window up it first meets the upper bumper in rear and so front. So it isnt at the same horizontal position when its up and down. And the window isnt into the quarter window, it is much air betwwen these windows. But the sidewindow is into the weatherstrip in the door opening. Possible to adjust the quarter window in and out?

well, I got it done, but it isnt pefect. When I take the window up it first meets the upper bumper in rear and so front. So it isnt at the same horizontal position when its up and down. And the window isnt into the quarter window, it is much air betwwen these windows. But the sidewindow is into the weatherstrip in the door opening. Possible to adjust the quarter window in and out?