Sign in to follow this  
EastYorkStang

Installin a carb/intake

I am attempting to install a 82751 Holley 750 Double pumper and Torker 2 intake on my 351. Has anyone else done this? I have no idea on how to mount the accelerator cable to the intake.

With my previous carb. I had the original bracket that goes on the rear 2 carb. studs. But this new carb. has an accelerator pump blocking that bracket?

What am I to do?

Thanks

.d

I am attempting to install a 82751 Holley 750 Double pumper and Torker 2 intake on my 351. Has anyone else done this? I have no idea on how to mount the accelerator cable to the intake.

With my previous carb. I had the original bracket that goes on the rear 2 carb. studs. But this new carb. has an accelerator pump blocking that bracket?

What am I to do?

Thanks

.d

I had the same problem recently. As mentioned, there are some nice aftermarket throttle setups but I opted to make my own. I basically duplicated half the factory bracket so it attaches to one carb stud instead of two. I got some 16 ga sheet steel at Lowe's, cut it out with a jigsaw, filed the edges smooth, bent and painted it. Works really well, looks stock, and was less than $10.

The graph paper is 5 squares to the inch. I could send you a copy of the template if you're interested. Heck, I've actually got enough of the sheet metal left over I could give you one if you like.

I had the same problem recently. As mentioned, there are some nice aftermarket throttle setups but I opted to make my own. I basically duplicated half the factory bracket so it attaches to one carb stud instead of two. I got some 16 ga sheet steel at Lowe's, cut it out with a jigsaw, filed the edges smooth, bent and painted it. Works really well, looks stock, and was less than $10.

The graph paper is 5 squares to the inch. I could send you a copy of the template if you're interested. Heck, I've actually got enough of the sheet metal left over I could give you one if you like.

speed unlimited in morningside MD. has very nice billit aluminum cable brackets but they are about $75. and the odd thing is that you need the one for GM cables with a square hole to fit the square end. the ones they have for fords have a round hole. I can look in my receipt pile and get the part #. the # on my receipt is "S00 1000".

speed unlimited in morningside MD. has very nice billit aluminum cable brackets but they are about $75. and the odd thing is that you need the one for GM cables with a square hole to fit the square end. the ones they have for fords have a round hole. I can look in my receipt pile and get the part #. the # on my receipt is "S00 1000".