Sign in to follow this  
6T9rustang

Caution!! Rrs

Buying suspension? Buy local guys, buy American.

Over the last 2 months I have waited for RRS to supply me with a pair of rear control arm bolts at a cost of $11.55US. For compensation for 5 months of the following drama.

27/12/07 i ordered the three link rear suspension. When i ordered i was told it was a good time to order because this time of the year is quiet.

2 and a half months later after numerous unreturned messages they came up with the excuse that the 9inch casings were the delay, I answered by saying "But I didn't order a 9inch casing I had my own as per the order." They answered "well its a busy time of the year.:shit:. When i stated that they told me it was a quiet time to order he just stammered and stuttered like someone does when bull shitting.

The three link arrived incomplete( parts STILL being finished) the coil-over springs had been repainted over old paint and flaked off when touched, they were grey and not red like the glossy brochures. When I asked him, he said he had no explaination.:001_huh: The top spring/shock bracket did not fit and had to be returned for alterations, at my cost for freight!!! During this rear suspension fitment we went to fit the RRS disc brakes to the diff. When I ordered the disc brakes I personally called the engineer and we agreed on what size plates to be ordered. They STILL sent the wrong size. I had to send those back at the cost of freight to me as well. After 2 weeks waiting for the disc brake plates i finally called and asked "where the hell are they?" He said, they are all finished and have DEFINATELY been sent. Another 2 weeks went by and I, yet again, made another phone call(alot of my phone calls were answered with we'll call you back and didn't) to ask, "where were they." He said they were still sitting at the workshop because they forgot to send them!!:001_huh: Their lack of service starts to raise questions about their product! The three link design has been changed three times over the last three years!:001_huh: Is this just a trial and error thing at our cost? Are parts going to be avaiable for the previous designs? This project of mine has had me in business with many companies but RRS would have tobe the worst of the lot. And the Irony of this is: i went with RRS thinking they were an Aussie company like myself so they would look after me.( no insults to US)How VERY wrong i was to be.

So after spending approx. $15000 over 3 years on everything RRS they couldn't supply me the $11 eye bolts as compensation. Eye bolts which ,when purchasing a complete rear package should be in the kit anyway. Who's going to hang a $4200 dollar brand new rear suspension on USED eyebolts?

Buy American guys!!

Buying suspension? Buy local guys, buy American.

Over the last 2 months I have waited for RRS to supply me with a pair of rear control arm bolts at a cost of $11.55US. For compensation for 5 months of the following drama.

27/12/07 i ordered the three link rear suspension. When i ordered i was told it was a good time to order because this time of the year is quiet.

2 and a half months later after numerous unreturned messages they came up with the excuse that the 9inch casings were the delay, I answered by saying "But I didn't order a 9inch casing I had my own as per the order." They answered "well its a busy time of the year.:shit:. When i stated that they told me it was a quiet time to order he just stammered and stuttered like someone does when bull shitting.

The three link arrived incomplete( parts STILL being finished) the coil-over springs had been repainted over old paint and flaked off when touched, they were grey and not red like the glossy brochures. When I asked him, he said he had no explaination.:001_huh: The top spring/shock bracket did not fit and had to be returned for alterations, at my cost for freight!!! During this rear suspension fitment we went to fit the RRS disc brakes to the diff. When I ordered the disc brakes I personally called the engineer and we agreed on what size plates to be ordered. They STILL sent the wrong size. I had to send those back at the cost of freight to me as well. After 2 weeks waiting for the disc brake plates i finally called and asked "where the hell are they?" He said, they are all finished and have DEFINATELY been sent. Another 2 weeks went by and I, yet again, made another phone call(alot of my phone calls were answered with we'll call you back and didn't) to ask, "where were they." He said they were still sitting at the workshop because they forgot to send them!!:001_huh: Their lack of service starts to raise questions about their product! The three link design has been changed three times over the last three years!:001_huh: Is this just a trial and error thing at our cost? Are parts going to be avaiable for the previous designs? This project of mine has had me in business with many companies but RRS would have tobe the worst of the lot. And the Irony of this is: i went with RRS thinking they were an Aussie company like myself so they would look after me.( no insults to US)How VERY wrong i was to be.

So after spending approx. $15000 over 3 years on everything RRS they couldn't supply me the $11 eye bolts as compensation. Eye bolts which ,when purchasing a complete rear package should be in the kit anyway. Who's going to hang a $4200 dollar brand new rear suspension on USED eyebolts?

Buy American guys!!

You must be wanting to tear your hair out, 6T9rustang. Unfortunately there are Companies like RRS in every Country, but it's always a good idea to buy Locally if you can. That way you can voice any complaints that you might have, "Face to Face". That always seems to get better results.

You must be wanting to tear your hair out, 6T9rustang. Unfortunately there are Companies like RRS in every Country, but it's always a good idea to buy Locally if you can. That way you can voice any complaints that you might have, "Face to Face". That always seems to get better results.

The thing is, they are on the east coast and i'm on the west. About the same distance apart as the US east and west coasts. I think we got a show coming up though and they might have a stand there. I'll be keeping an eye out for them!:shifty:

The thing is, they are on the east coast and i'm on the west. About the same distance apart as the US east and west coasts. I think we got a show coming up though and they might have a stand there. I'll be keeping an eye out for them!:shifty: