stangme428

69 coupe build

ah, so the main item that makes it a GT is the heavy duty/competition suspension which should be the case ... what would the "Tape Stripe" have looked like? is it the C stripe like on the boss 302 or the lower rocker stripe like the GT?

thanks for all the input

:punk:

ah, so the main item that makes it a GT is the heavy duty/competition suspension which should be the case ... what would the "Tape Stripe" have looked like? is it the C stripe like on the boss 302 or the lower rocker stripe like the GT?

thanks for all the input

the tape stripe is more like the Grande stripe, but it's a tri-color stripe IIRC. do a search for Sport Appearance and you'll find a couple of threads on it.

woo hoo .. project to resume this month ordering remaining parts for Viper T56 install from modern driveline. Should be an interesting month......

MD-403-1003 Pressure plate bolt kit, 8mm (set of 6)

MD-KK7-426 Clutch Set, Kevlar/Kevlar, 26 spline, 1-1/8", Cable T/O, pilot, alignment tool

MD-514-14-301 Hydraulic, slave cylinder assy with steel collar, Viper

MD-75-750U Master Cylinder, Tilton, 3/4" bore, Remote reservoirs

MD-6773M-CMT56 Crossmember Kit 67-73 Mustang T56 with Polyurethane mount

MD-601-1350-30 Slip yoke, 30 spline, 1350 U-joint, Viper T-56

ATF Oil, ATF, Amsoil 1 quart bottle

MD-82-303-034-07 Slik Stik, Shifter, T-56, 1" left, 1" back

MD-504-1057 Shift ball, Hurst 6 speed, white 3/8-16 (also comes in black)

MD-504-1040 Shift lever, Hurst, Chrome, Classic style (65-68 Mustang) 10x5.5x1.3

MD-504-1060-H Boot, Shift, Hurst, B-4 Boot & Plate - Comes complete with chrome trim plate and all mounting hardware.

MD-402-6970M-C Clutch pedal, 69-70 Mustang/Cougar

MD-504-1081 Roller bearing kit, Pedal hanger, 65-70 Mustang C5ZZ-2478-RB

:rockon:

great 45th show... talked with modern driveline while at the show.. good stuff. should have the parts in 3 or 4 weeks. it was great seeing/hearing the hydraulic system explained and going over the parts for the swap.

one item i was trying to decide on was the serpentine system or powder coating my original v belt system. after seeing Roush motors and several other vendors systems as well on cars at the show... I am checking back into billet industries serpentine kit.

saw some amazing cars .... almost decided on black as the color to paint my 69 .. saw some great cars in black.

:tongue_smilie:

great 45th show... talked with modern driveline while at the show.. good stuff. should have the parts in 3 or 4 weeks. it was great seeing/hearing the hydraulic system explained and going over the parts for the swap.

one item i was trying to decide on was the serpentine system or powder coating my original v belt system. after seeing Roush motors and several other vendors systems as well on cars at the show... I am checking back into billet industries serpentine kit.

saw some amazing cars .... almost decided on black as the color to paint my 69 .. saw some great cars in black.

:tongue_smilie:

yo never know .... i was there on saturday, i waited a bit to talk.. tow guys had a problem with a clutch setup from another vendor and needed help.. they had driven their car to the show by jaming it into gear... so i said ..talk to these guys.. they have a problem.. i just have an order.. lol

we should have worn 69stang.com shirts or something..

Oh yea the 45th was pretty amazing! I was in the modern driveline tent for about half an hour talking to the tech =) I bet we bumped into each other LOL

yo never know .... i was there on saturday, i waited a bit to talk.. tow guys had a problem with a clutch setup from another vendor and needed help.. they had driven their car to the show by jaming it into gear... so i said ..talk to these guys.. they have a problem.. i just have an order.. lol

we should have worn 69stang.com shirts or something..

Oh yea the 45th was pretty amazing! I was in the modern driveline tent for about half an hour talking to the tech =) I bet we bumped into each other LOL

Just a quick note - project has crept down to a grinding halt due to my work schedule and 'fundage' reallocated for other items....

hopefully the project will pick back up in July at the least...:scared:

it could be worse ... i could not have a job to conflict... :tongue_smilie:

ok - i ended up purchasing some shelby valve covers - it was hard after all the law suits started up again with factory 5 etc. but, they look great and a legend is a legend. if i dont like them after a while, ill pick up the detomaso valve covers. i attached some bad camera phone pics - camera battery died. and yes my car/motor is over an hour away in a buddy's shop.

Edited by stangme428
update pics

finally - a quick update - the remaining parts for installing the Viper T56 in the 69 should ship out soon from modern driveline. just because you set a date to order parts .... and plan.. doesn't always mean life wont just happen.... paid the invoice today from modern driveline so hopefully parts will be here soon and we can start the mock up and locations to cut the trans tunnel. photos from the GT2 build should help.. oh yeah and decided to do a job change in the middle of the build :whistling:... but things should be back on track soon... maybe ill be able to add a hydratech setup with my new position:tongue_smilie:now i just need to research a PS pump that works with the factory PS and hydratech setup and if i go to TCP rack..

so for all those that have asked how hard is it to install a T56 in a 69... i hope to have decent notes and photos in the not so distant future...

lol.... just read my old post... intended on ordering the parts on 4.5.09... patience is truly a virtue.. just 4 months later...

Edited by stangme428

I know that feeling! I was looking over my old posts too and a lot has gone awry between my little posts. I'm making progress but lately working 10 hour days so everything has slowed down even more.

Gratzz on the new position! Good to hear =)

woo hoo parts arrived.... still waiting on the clutch, hydraulic slave cylinder to drop ship from vendor. also awaiting on the cross member... key components, but at the least i can start converting from automatic over to a manual.:tongue_smilie:

quick update --- over to my buddy Andy's garage to work on the 69 along with another friend Joe -- great to have friends that are car freaks...

goal of the night -- test fit the new clutch pedal from modern driveline--

- removed the power brake booster and master cylinder - and yes remove the brake lines:tongue_smilie:

- remove driver seat - makes it much easier to lay upside down

- pics show the possible location of the new mount for heim joint mechanism

- fit the shifter onto the viper T56

- hurst handle with white 6 speed knob

after staring at the new clutch pedal for a bit - determined it was the wrong unit - talked with bruce at modern driveline and he confirmed it was a 71-73 - new 69 clutch pedal shipping out tomorrow.

woo hoo ... superior clutch came in -- MD-KK7-426... kevlar/kevlar 26 spline 10.5" and Ron Morris universal crossmember... getting closer...

still awaiting the hydraulic slave cylinder assy..

Edited by stangme428

ok.. a few pics of the pedal setup. we decided to remove the cluster and dash pad to access the illusive last bolt that holds in the pedal hangar assembly.. now we painted it, removed the stock bushings for the brake and installed the roller bushing kit. we will reinstall sometime this week.. hopefully.

ok - now we have all the parts to do the clutch install. the mcleod kit arrived from modern driveline. we are getting together sat night 9.26.09 to install the clutch pedal and see how long the night goes with the clutch setup.:punk:

we will take plenty of pics as we install, but as an example i have posted a few pics from a install of the kit off of modularfords by anthony05gt -- which has a nice write up of his install, although on a newer model mustang using the mcleod kit.

ah always something... stang work night canceled... hopefully sometime next week

edit 10.6.09

hmmm -- pilot bearing was not in the parts shipped ... talked to will at Modern Driveline today 10.6.09 ... pilot bearing and a full block off plate for the quick time bellhousing should be here by friday 10.9.09. i have a early quick time bellhousing so i have a 1/2 block off plate.

also, ordered a manual power disc brake pedal from mustangs plus, so i dont have to cut my original auto power disc brake pedal....

Edited by stangme428
parts update --

more parts ordering... off of ebay...

after checking out my aftermarket 3 row brass radiator i purchased in 94 from NPD and remembering the hole that was soldered way back when. i ordered a new 3 row aluminum radiator with dual 12" fans... i still need to get a shroud of some type..

also ordered a Mighty Demon 750 mech secondary annular carb. i spoke with BG support and they recommended the mighty demon 750 mech secondary (flows 900) based on my setup with the 408 stroker, AFD heads and T56 etc. hopefully the annular will allow some streetability along with better throttle response and maybe.. maybe some gas mileage when i hit the .50 6th gear on the T56:tongue_smilie:

If you're getting the electric fans on the front do you really need a shroud? It's only to fit around the original fan so that it would actually pull air through the radiator and not around it. You shouldn't need one now ;)

the fans mount on the back of the radiator and pull thru... but your probably correct that i don't need one... i did email the vendor to see if they made a shroud for the dual fan kit.

with aluminum heads, intake and radiator... now if i can find a phenolic spacer to between the intake and carb... I probably need to put vents in the hood like the GT2 project to allow all that heat to get out of the engine compartment...:tongue_smilie:

just had to post... i was hesitant to purchase a radiator off of ebay especially with it being touted as cooling 750HP guarantee! etc.

BUT, i have to say i am very impressed with the build quality of this radiator from champion cooling systems .. model 338 is what i ordered. Cant believe how little it weighs. so in the months ahead we shall see if it keeps the 408 stroker cool:biggrin: the dual 12" fans that came with the kit are no name from china but i still have to install a relay and switch system to enable the fans.

Demon 750 annular came in also... looks nice!!:tongue_smilie:

Edited by stangme428