stangme428

69 coupe build

My vote's to set it further back. It's your car, but it looks a little goofy to me sitting so far forward. Just my 2c

yeah i stared at it for a while, when the length of the car is taken into consideration it doesn't look as odd as with just a front end pic.

but, if i dont like it... ill change it up.. its a blacked out hood so if i dont like how tall the Boss 429 scoop is... ill go with the eliminator style.... we shall see..

ok -- she is Blue ... first coat was applied late last week, more blocking and then another coat.. etc etc....

work schedule is preventing me from seeing her, so maybe middle or end of next week ill make it to Jacksonville to see the progress and take a million photos ... progress!!!!

:gunsmilie:

Looking good!

Are you not having a base/clear paint job? How do they lay one layer and then come back and paint another a week later?

jayru - last i spoke clear coat was not done....and another coat was to be added and then clear...

jayru - last i spoke clear coat was not done....and another coat was to be added and then clear...

Hmm... I always thought there was a very short time window where base coat was applied before it needed to be cleared (like 4 hours or so). But that is from my experience from over 10 yrs ago, so i guess things could have changed. Curious though. Any paint gurus on here that can clarify?

Looks good!!!!

I'm no paint expert but I believe if they don't clear within the certain timeframe they will have to wetsand everything and then clear it.

yup .. i heard... "wetsand and shoot it again and then clear"

sorry ... work is loading me up at the moment...

looks great.

in general you have 24 hours to clear after base. if you miss that window, you have to sand your base, apply more base then clear in the time window. the P-sheet's for several clears i've looked at all specify this method.

for whatever reason they were probably going to apply more base and then do all the clear in the time frame.

looks great.

in general you have 24 hours to clear after base. if you miss that window, you have to sand your base, apply more base then clear in the time window. the P-sheet's for several clears i've looked at all specify this method.

for whatever reason they were probably going to apply more base and then do all the clear in the time frame.

Any advantage to this sanding/second layer of base method?

Any advantage to this sanding/second layer of base method?

i have no idea, i'm just a weekend warrior, perhaps some dirt in the base?

however maybe they had sprayed the clear, sanded and sprayed more clear. clear, sand, clear, sand polish i believe is common practice.

i have no idea, i'm just a weekend warrior, perhaps some dirt in the base?

however maybe they had sprayed the clear, sanded and sprayed more clear. clear, sand, clear, sand polish i believe is common practice.

Dude, I've been following your build... I think it's quite modest to call yourself a weekend warrior! :biggrin:

Dude, I've been following your build... I think it's quite modest to call yourself a weekend warrior! :biggrin:

ah yeah... weekend warrior my arse!! i have been following your build too... if i had those skills and time, i would have more money in my pocket :sorcerer:

you guys are confusing me with someone else. thanks though.

i'm sure you would prefer to have your car painted by professionals as you're doing as opposed to an electrical engineer.

your car turned out great. is it running under it's own power now?

you guys are confusing me with someone else. thanks though.

i'm sure you would prefer to have your car painted by professionals as you're doing as opposed to an electrical engineer.

your car turned out great. is it running under it's own power now?

nope, not under its own power yet.... didn't order the fuel system at the last minute, looking into Powerjection III return-less setup, drive shaft has been measured but not purchased, the little things are gonna pop up quick in another few weeks..

mustang masters will be installing the headliner with some dynamat first, reinstalling the glass, bumpers, door handles, mirrors, weather striping, trim etc. then ill get it back and start putting the rest back together...

thanks everyone... i have been to several ford dealers and looked at kona blue cars, and they do seem darker. but, im happy with this color, if it gets darker with another application, so be it.. i didn't want a bright or electric blue, i wanted them to error on the dark side (no pun intended) if they questioned a mix.... if it even has a mix process etc.

i have not seen the car in person, i know it has a few blemishes to work out. these pics are from a buddies evo phone, you will notice that the color changes some depending on light... so i am interested to see what it looks like at night and in person... the pics were taken in mid day bright sunlight...

but, yes rangerdoc... im happy... cant wait to see it in person!! and hear the motor fire up for the first time... in the car!! baby steps.... progress!!!