stangme428

69 coupe build

ok -- so Andy replaced the cam in the ORIGINAL switch, soldered and heat shrink on all the connections, removed two bulbs per tail light housing. Andy HATES anything electrical or wiring... but i talked him into it... plus its keeping me from going insane after being at the hospital all day with my dad.

brakes now work, turn signals now work ... no hot wires.. more testing to follow.

but... progress! when i get back home ill check the current draw and go over all the wiring to the rear of the car again, and install the sequential LED tail light kit once i know we wont blow them up...

also installed the new scott drake aluminium/billet recovery tank... its for 65-68 but i think it looks good in the 69 engine bay.

Edited by stangme428

Ordered! Thanks rwcstang for the motivation! i was trying to decide on the anvil spoiler or the ABS ... ABS seems more practical.. im sure ill hit stuff!:thumbup1:

while my massive boss 429 racing scoop is okay ... im thinking of going with a CF or fiberglass stock hood with the anvil cowl panel piece... while i like some aspects of the anvil extractor hood ... i like the stock "ironing board look" :tongue_smilie:

edit -- that was quick... i like the Maier racing fiberglass hood

and the anvil fiberglass cowl panel posted a question in the garage of any

fiberglass users...

thanks!:thumbup1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangme428 View Post

rwcstang - every time i see your car it reminds me to order a chin spoiler!

DO IT! I bought mine from CJponyparts http://www.cjponyparts.com/front-spo...ck-1969/p/FS3/

decided to put aside my Anvil CF chin spoiler for an OEM looking one.

Edited by stangme428

Ordered! Thanks rwcstang for the motivation! i was trying to decide on the anvil spoiler or the ABS ... ABS seems more practical.. im sure ill hit stuff!:thumbup1:

while my massive boss 429 racing scoop is okay ... im thinking of going with a CF or fiberglass stock hood with the anvil cowl panel piece... while i like some aspects of the anvil extractor hood ... i like the stock "ironing board look" :tongue_smilie:

edit -- that was quick... i like the Maier racing fiberglass hood

and the anvil fiberglass cowl panel posted a question in the garage of any

fiberglass users...

thanks!:thumbup1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangme428 View Post

rwcstang - every time i see your car it reminds me to order a chin spoiler!

DO IT! I bought mine from CJponyparts http://www.cjponyparts.com/front-spo...ck-1969/p/FS3/

decided to put aside my Anvil CF chin spoiler for an OEM looking one.

hahah copy cat!!! lol, jk.

glad u did it! I know for sure my CF Anvil Chin Spoiler wouldn't last long its thin and flimsy it would have definitely cracked if something hit it.

I love the the new chin spoiler it even comes with all the hardware and instruction sheet.

I know! but hey.. great minds think alike! i dented the lower valance the second time i drove it up on the trailer to head to the exhaust shop ... my first thought was ... glad i didn't have a chin spoiler... lol .. dent popped out with a little help.

--- update --- its freakin on back order!!! argh!

--- update --- shipped on 9/4/14

hahah copy cat!!! lol, jk.

glad u did it! I know for sure my CF Anvil Chin Spoiler wouldn't last long its thin and flimsy it would have definitely cracked if something hit it.

I love the the new chin spoiler it even comes with all the hardware and instruction sheet.

Edited by stangme428

I ordered a set of Tommyzees subframe connectors - should arrive by September 15th, 2014.

These look well built and allow for additional mounting points - also plan on welding flat plate and gussets for the roll bar to replace the plates currently provided with the roll bar kit.

update *** received on 9/10/2014 -- great quality!

Edited by stangme428
update received

no scoop time! -- okay so we removed the Boss 429 racing scoop last night... so im liking the Maier Racing eliminator style hood in fiberglass... so we shall see.. dreaming of the Agent 47 with the ducts but... dont think that is likely... more to follow as .... already have a painter to match the color and layout on the new hood... :tongue_smilie::clap:

excuse the dirt... other projects behind the 69.. no time to give her a bath of late...

nice! Maier is great to work with! I went there a few months ago just to browse and saw they were working a new front valance for 69-70 its basically the rtr mustang chin spoiler but they are making it in different sizes.

Finally ordered the fan shroud to fit the 2- 12" fans for my champion radiator from ledfoot racing . .. looks like the part number is 338FS for the CC338 -- feel better getting rid of the plastic zip pieces holding the fans in position. plus the shroud should help cool things a bit better..

update*** received the shroud on 9/12/14 -- looks good!

Champion All Aluminum Radiator

Champion Cooling All Aluminum Radiator

Plus Ledfoot Racing Shroud and 12" Fans

3-Row Core | Cools 700hp

Radiator Dimensions:

Total: 21" (22" with cap) x 25.75" wide (with brackets)

Core: 16.5" tall x 24.25" wide x 2" thick

Inlet: 1.5" passenger side

Outlet: 1.75" passenger side

Tanks: 2.5" thick

Tubes: 0.63" thick

Saddle or Bracket Mounted

Edited by stangme428
update date item received

wow... received the tommyzee subframe connectors today Wednesday 9/10/14... man these things are built like a tank!

also received the 69 front chin spoiler from CJ pony parts on Tuesday 9/9/14.

awaiting the arrival of the radiator shroud and should have some install fun soon..... hopefully!!:tongue_smilie::punk:

yep i agree..... the huge boss 429 scoop i had "chopped" the car up and made it "stubby" with the Shelby duck tail...i was ok with it ... but.. i think with a lower hood scoop and the chin spoiler... it makes the long hood line more sleek and gives a lower stance... the head on look with the chin spoiler... love it..:thumbup: anywho we are never done with these cars... :punk: well until we run out of money!! $$$:thumbup:

a critical component arrived this week! Cobra key fob! and i plan on experimenting with EPAS - electronic power assist steering - i ordered the "Bruno" control box mod as mentioned on VMF - so it will probably be a while... before experimentation begins ... you know how slow i can be :-)

Edited by stangme428
spel / wording

okay -- so its never as easy as it seems..

So i purchased a Champion radiator shroud to fit the Champion 3 row clamp in 24" radiator with dual 12" fans. i didn't mind paying a bit for a direct fit shroud.... but as it turns out... it was NOT a direct fit... no problem with the shroud... its the Champion radiator... seems Champion decided to use the same radiator mounting bracket on the drivers side as installed on the passengers side... except.. they installed the drivers side upside down which placed the wrong mounting holes for the shroud on the drivers side... the passenger side mounting holes lined up like a champ... but ... nothing a drill couldn't fix. if i had needed the bolt in style i would have noticed years ago.

so we had to spread out the shroud just a bit so we would have enough material to mount to at the lip on the radiator side. we drove all over town to find stainless bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts.... tractor supply, advance auto, and finally home depot... nobody had everything we needed in stock... 1/4 stainless for mounting the fans and 5/16 for mounting the shroud.

the end result was a ton of air was now moving... you can tell when the thermostat opens up just by the air temperature change pulled via the fans... idle temps seem to be down by 10-15 degrees.. we will see how it goes when driving... trying to attend the Savannah mustang show this weekend!

one other thing.... after we marked the fan holes and drilled, we removed the protective coating, cleaned, and then sprayed the shroud with eastwood diamond clear satin ... and yes we have some touch up to do after having to modify the shroud lip.. :-)

*** update - dad is having a rough week with chemotherapy, so i will be traveling to spend the weekend with him instead of the savannah show***

Edited by stangme428

okay -- beautiful day today! Saturday 10/25/14 changed the oil over to Royal Purple, put some Sunoco 260GT 100 octane in.. took her out for a ride for a bit... coolant temps are good.. but it was only 82 today.. im sure ill have to install a bigger radiator before next summer when AC is completed etc.

a few shots of the chin spoiler installed and the HUGE BOSS 429 racing hood scoop removed... have a painter lined up and waiting to pull the trigger on the maier hood...

ordered some race-gas to try out... we shall see how it does...

okay -- beautiful day today! Saturday 10/25/14 changed the oil over to Royal Purple, put some Sunoco 260GT 100 octane in.. took her out for a ride for a bit... coolant temps are good.. but it was only 82 today.. im sure ill have to install a bigger radiator before next summer when AC is completed etc.

a few shots of the chin spoiler installed and the HUGE BOSS 429 racing hood scoop removed... have a painter lined up and waiting to pull the trigger on the maier hood...

ordered some race-gas to try out... we shall see how it does...