Sign in to follow this  
S code 69

Vinyl top on a fastback?

Ive seen them before, I dont know anything about it being original though:

PICT0018.jpg

I saw this one at a show, ive also seen pics of ones with a partial vinyl top that just covers the roof but not the pillars.

I do have to agree with you though, original or not, its not exactly the best looking thing to have on these cars.

Ive seen them before, I dont know anything about it being original though:

PICT0018.jpg

I saw this one at a show, ive also seen pics of ones with a partial vinyl top that just covers the roof but not the pillars.

I do have to agree with you though, original or not, its not exactly the best looking thing to have on these cars.

I've seen them dealer installed but none from the factory on a sportsroof, not saying it didn't happen.

I had a 1970 yellow Grabber packaged Mustang new in 1970 and kept it for years. In 1978 I put it in a ditch and messed up the roof and had a vinyl top installed since they couldn't get all the wrinkles out of the roof. Of course now days they just cut it out and replace it but back then it wasn't done much.

Here's a link with a story and some pic's of the car:

http://1970mgr.org/_Personals/BH1/_GrabbedByAGrabber.htm

I've seen them dealer installed but none from the factory on a sportsroof, not saying it didn't happen.

I had a 1970 yellow Grabber packaged Mustang new in 1970 and kept it for years. In 1978 I put it in a ditch and messed up the roof and had a vinyl top installed since they couldn't get all the wrinkles out of the roof. Of course now days they just cut it out and replace it but back then it wasn't done much.

Here's a link with a story and some pic's of the car:

http://1970mgr.org/_Personals/BH1/_GrabbedByAGrabber.htm