Sign in to follow this  
roush69stang

Brake Bias Question

Hello all. First post on this page. I recently replaced my drum braked 8 inch with a disc brake 9 inch. Where would you all suggest putting the brake bias adjuster. Plumbing it in the engine compartment or just before the rear end? Puting it in the back would make for a cleaner install. Do you think road debris would be an issue back there? Thanks.

I don't really have a suggestion other than the engine compartment but I am sure someone does so I just wanted to say welcome to the site and take this back to the top for you.

I've seen it installed under the driver seat so as that it can be accessed while driving. It's what they do in most race cars and stock cars for sure. If you are careful you can hide it quite easily and it's pretty darn handy. I saw it somewhere on this forum a year or so ago when someone else did it.

-Steve

I've seen it installed under the driver seat so as that it can be accessed while driving. It's what they do in most race cars and stock cars for sure. If you are careful you can hide it quite easily and it's pretty darn handy. I saw it somewhere on this forum a year or so ago when someone else did it.

-Steve

race cars generally put them in the drivers compartment next to the driver but i have also seen them mounted on street cars under the car near the driver seat so the driver can lean out and adjust it easily. personally i wouldn't want to put one there though

race cars generally put them in the drivers compartment next to the driver but i have also seen them mounted on street cars under the car near the driver seat so the driver can lean out and adjust it easily. personally i wouldn't want to put one there though