Sign in to follow this  
coz

Carroll Shelby in MM...

Anyone read the article about CS in Mustang Monthly? Very interesting what he has to say about the licensing issues and other hot bed topics with mustangs and shelbys. What he says seems reasonable but we are only getting one side of it. I do know a buddy who has a Shelby and is not happy with how the SAAC group has been run. Similar to what CS was saying in the article.

Also found it interesting he was 85 and the oldest / longest living multiple organ transplant recipicant. A heart in 1990 and a kidney in 1996 IIRC....

It also states he was offered 23 million for the first Cobra. He said no deal... WOW!

Same here. I agree, it's only half of the story. Anybody can put "spin" on something. Like statistics, they can be skewed in your favor. My question is why was someone of his age so high on an organ transplant list? Money?? Good article nonetheless.

Well after reading SAAC's article, R&T and MM I have to say Shelby makes much more sense and is much more fact filled and less "attack mode". IMO Kopecs article is just a rant against another with very little fact and a lot of bluster. Plus my buddy who has two shelbys and is part of the SAAC sides with CS. As he states, for better or worse CS owns the Shelby and Cobra names. While I certainly don't believe CS is 100% in the right, reading what I've read I would have to side with him.

Even with these "problems" I sure would like to own a Shelby. The 69 is my favorite...

Well after reading SAAC's article, R&T and MM I have to say Shelby makes much more sense and is much more fact filled and less "attack mode". IMO Kopecs article is just a rant against another with very little fact and a lot of bluster. Plus my buddy who has two shelbys and is part of the SAAC sides with CS. As he states, for better or worse CS owns the Shelby and Cobra names. While I certainly don't believe CS is 100% in the right, reading what I've read I would have to side with him.

Even with these "problems" I sure would like to own a Shelby. The 69 is my favorite...

I have to agree with you. With the SAAC version I heard more whining and less substance. Plus it was written by them, not a third party writer. It would be intresting to have Hensely or Farr do a story on SAAC's side. There has had to be some bad blood for awhile on this and this was the final straw.

Plus, the '69 is my favorite too and it's the most Ford and least Shelby of all the versions. :shifty:

actually $helby does not own the Cobra name...Ford owns it, they also own the GT350 and GT500 names and Denise Halicki owns the Eleanor name and ol $hel make money on all of them. I lost respect for $shelby a long time before the whole SAAC saga, back when he decided that repro shelby parts could only be sold to documented Shelby owners and refused to let anyone sell any repro parts and nearly put Tony Branda and other like him out of business. If you ask me the only reason he wants to all of SAAC's records is so that he can go back to that very thing and he'll have all the documenatation to prove who owns what car and eventually any repro part will have to be sold through one of his companies. that's just the way i see it though, but if he gets his way, just wait and watch and you'll see my prophecy come true.

Where did they ever end up on that anyway? I still see Shelby reproduction parts being sold in catalogs to anyone that wants to buy them. Is it just on the back burner waiting for this issue to be resolved first?

Where did they ever end up on that anyway? I still see Shelby reproduction parts being sold in catalogs to anyone that wants to buy them. Is it just on the back burner waiting for this issue to be resolved first?

$helby stopped people from being able tosell repro parts for a while but is letting them be sold for now. if he gets his way with SAAC, though, i don't see anyone but actual shelby owners being able to buy repro parts anymore at all, in fact i'll bet that he'd like it if nobody, even actual shelby owners couldn't buy parts from anyone but him.

You know it was Shelby who really created something in the 60's that has never been duplicated. I do think it is fair for Shelby to do what he wants with the name if he owns it or Ford. However I do think some of what he is doing is shitty to the folks that do not have the big pockets. My feeling is don't buy a Shelby get a nice CJ car or a boss.

One other note is he is a old man now and I will bet you anything he is not calling any of these shots now, someone one is advising him, I bet if he was still younger he might be doing things a little differently.

You know it was Shelby who really created something in the 60's that has never been duplicated. I do think it is fair for Shelby to do what he wants with the name if he owns it or Ford. However I do think some of what he is doing is shitty to the folks that do not have the big pockets. My feeling is don't buy a Shelby get a nice CJ car or a boss.

One other note is he is a old man now and I will bet you anything he is not calling any of these shots now, someone one is advising him, I bet if he was still younger he might be doing things a little differently.