Sign in to follow this  
cphsonic

1969 Mustang GT2 project

Just a quick update: we're not standing still, just waiting for stuff!

We're through most of the ordering end wearing out my US$ account and parts are starting to come in finally. Engine parts are almost all there, waiting on the custom pistons + some bits and then the engine build starts.

AJE K-member is in and front end work can start now.

Promotion Powertrain T-56 is in, trans tunnel mods can start.

The first item on the to-do list is disassembly. I bough the base car for this project as an incompleted project and it has a lot of nice brand new/refurbished parts incl. a 420W, Toploader, 9", all new suspension etc. that all need to come out. Those parts are being shipped to Denmark for sale here (better prices). I just bought a very nice 69 Cpe roller (less driveline) where the stuff will go on/in for shipping. Much cheaper than shipping pallets of gear, believe it or not! I found a AZ/CA desert car with no rust at all, incl. the floors. :shifty:

We're through most of the ordering end wearing out my US$ account and parts are starting to come in finally. Engine parts are almost all there, waiting on the custom pistons + some bits and then the engine build starts.

The first item on the to-do list is disassembly. I bough the base car for this project as an incompleted project and it has a lot of nice brand new/refurbished parts incl. a 420W, Toploader, 9", all new suspension etc. that all need to come out. Those parts are being shipped to Denmark for sale here (better prices). I just bought a very nice 69 Cpe roller (less driveline) where the stuff will go on/in for shipping. Much cheaper than shipping pallets of gear, believe it or not! I found a AZ/CA desert car with no rust at all, incl. the floors. :shifty:

soundin' sweet dude, soundin' reeeal sweet!

soundin' sweet dude, soundin' reeeal sweet!

Pulled the engine tranny. Brand new 420W and Toploader. Up for sale back here in Europe in a few weeks:

th_hans3.jpg

Cutting up the nice towers for the AJE K-member & struts:

th_hans6.jpg

Would you trust this man? :scared::

th_hans.jpg

The new tranny is ready and the motor is nearly there. Turned out we got a crank with one throw 0.005 off. :001_huh:

Pulled the engine tranny. Brand new 420W and Toploader. Up for sale back here in Europe in a few weeks:

th_hans3.jpg

Cutting up the nice towers for the AJE K-member & struts:

th_hans6.jpg

Would you trust this man? :scared::

th_hans.jpg

The new tranny is ready and the motor is nearly there. Turned out we got a crank with one throw 0.005 off. :001_huh:

:001_huh:

How much will you be selling this engine/trans set-up for ? thanks javed

:001_huh:

How much will you be selling this engine/trans set-up for ? thanks javed

I'm new here...started scanning the projects before jumping in and introducing myself...loving the carbon bits on this project...anybody ever show interest in a carbon hood...personally I'd love to see one on a 69

Bienvenue au 69stang.com! Is that a convertible I spot in your avatar? I can't be sure if it is or a vinyl hardtop. If you are one of the few vert owners around please be especially sure to add yourself to this thread, we need all the numbers we can brother.:shifty:

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=5241

Some progress pics of the engine build. Dart block @ 4.125" bore, Diamond pistons, Eagle forged stroker crank & rods, tool steel rings, custom CamMotion solid roller turbo cam (lots of lift, short duration, 114° lobe separation).

th_2008_1011_1949101.jpg th_2008_1011_1949102.jpg th_2008_1011_1949111.jpg th_2008_1011_1949112.jpg th_2008_1011_1949113.jpg th_2008_1011_1949114.jpg th_2008_1011_1949121.jpg th_2008_1011_1949122.jpg th_2008_1011_194913.jpg

Heh, seems like a good place to have your money tied up at the moment. Sold all my Apple shares to get $$ out and they've dropped 43% since then! Perfect timing. :whistling: But hey, building seems to be like that. Plenty of cash to get going and ordering all the parts, then getting it all together over the next months. Here some more tied up capital:

th_2008_1014_011450.jpg

th_2008_1014_010818.jpg

th_2008_1014_010841.jpg

th_2008_1014_011000.jpg

th_2008_1014_011020.jpg

th_2008_1014_011054.jpg

th_2008_1014_011138.jpg

th_2008_1014_012412.jpg

I'm cheating and having CPR Streetmachines build most of it for me. If I had to build it petrol burning cars would be outlawed by the time I finished! :shifty:

Iron block. Alu would have been better for weight bias but there IS (was) a budget. :helpsmilie: